Best source to buy hubmotors: UUmotor? Any better site?

UUmotor also has a 16" e-motorcycle hubmotor that is not listed in their "shop" page:

http://www.uumotor.com/store/20-16-inch-motorcycle-motor

Thanks for the link. They have a 10" 4000w wheel that once the 3.50/10 tire is added is almost exactly what my Magic Pie 16" build is with tire. Sure it is heavier and a lot wider, but, 4000w is a win. To committed in my direction with the Magic Pie, but, for the future though!

Ok guys please steer clear of Uumotor! I bought a 5kw hub kit from them and I Rode 300m with it and the motor cooked itself. I hadn't done anything wrong in setting it up it was simply faulty! I have set up many other kits without problems.

The other problem I had with the kit and it's a big one! Is that it is advertised as a 5000 watt hub motor kit. However after enquiring I discovered that its a 3kw motor controller with a peak output of 5kw. Bit of a kick in the teeth especially when the sales person also verified this.

I wouldn't have a problem with it being faulty if they replaced it. However Tony wanted to charge me for another kit half price and the full shipping price of 350 dollars on top of that. Despite showing him images of the cooked black/brown windings and how I had wired it correctly.

I'm sure there are other kits that they make that are good. However I can't really recommend them from my personal experience with them.

Back