BMS Balance Wire Connections

In ahort, i have built three (3) 18650 battery packs. All 36v, 10s3p, with BMSs...where does on place balance wires on Agniusm's packs?

All my references show "between" cells, but this cannot be done with these packs! It is all or nada...but has to be a way, as his packs are the best and used by skaters often. His stuff is the max!!!!!

For a lot of reasons, I have held off asking, mostly to NOT show how dim I am re this topic...

Balance wire can be placed on the cell poles or on the connection between the poles, there's very little difference between these connection points. The important part is that there is a battery between each balance wire point.

Just measure the voltage between each wire (1-2, 2-3 etc) and that it's only one battery voltage diff between them and you can't go wrong.

No formal procedure!
Research produces varied schemes, from those who are lucky, those that copy others, to those who do one way for Ebikes and anther way for motorized long-boards,,,,Agnius makes some good items and has success, Spinning Magnets has repeated success; two genius dodgers,;two different methods,,,

To me E is science, E should be the same way each time....and if varied, why so!

Cell Balance is not the same as soldier vs crimp...so let us find it, agree; and post it...

Do we need hard and fast rule to attach a BMS balance wires?

Last edited:
Determine the correct cell group in voltage order using a DVM to be sure and attach/solder the appropriate balance wire. The BMS will usually donate B- and the B+ starting order, leave the main multiwire jst connection till last once one has reconfirmed the wire sequence order is correct.
Check and double check with a DVM tp prevent issues before final jst connection, it is easy to be blazei about the procedure but for those not sure double checking always pays.

Rec note and basic msg in email was not lkinked...but will respond, Agnius did send link and I did as shown. Failed! So figured bad BMS, ans found our of balance cells. 3rd failure, so removed cells, rechecked all, and neighbor got bike,,,,Got to be bummr BMS.....

Last edited:
Back