BMSBattery/ECityPower Experience

i have been looking on the bmsbattery.com website and am interested in buying a battery from them ,
do any one know if they will deliver to the uk ? if so is there a way to find the cost of postage with out going through the checkout ? i can not seem to find any thing on their site about postage and delivery locations .
i will be paying through paypal,

theyre pretty much worldwide, u have to make an account to see their shipping charges (which are fairly overpriced). Most people on here warn to avoid BMS battery like the plague due to their terrible customer service and the length of time btwn ordering and shipping.

First tell us you what will us the battery for or what kit you will use as after this we could help better with a battery that will match your motor and controller. Plus what battery were you looking at ?

i was looking at this battery in a alloy case ,, http://www.bmsbattery.com/48v/129-48v-10ah-lithium-ion-alloy-shell-ebike-battery-pack.html
at £145 that is cheep, the ones i have seen on ebay are going for well over £200 with postage, one like mine is £280 with postage ,,

i already have a 10ah 48v bottle battery ..
i have to take in account of the import duty on top ,, but im sure i can get another for less that £280 all in [that $434.59 usd,,

the motor is the 450w GNG with the standard controller on 48v

Here's the introduction on the home page of Ping:

"Hi, if this is the first time you’ve heard about us, we recommend that you search “PingBattery” or “Ping Battery” on Google or any other search engine to find out more about our excellent products, service and good reputation. Time has proven that we are the best LiFePO4 vendor from China."

And here is the intro on the homepage of BMS battery:

"Hi, if this is the first time you’ve heard about us, we recommend that you search “bmsbattery” or “bms battery” on Google or any other search engine to find out more about our excellent products, service and good reputation. Time has proven that we are the best EBike Battery, LiFePO4 Battery, EV Charger, Motor and EBike Conversion Kit vendor from China. Our eshop can calculate shipping cost automatically before you check out."

the latest series of 3C pouches is labeled 'signalab' also. i do not know if he has built a fabrication facility to make the pouches or if he just contracts with another pouch maker.

you know he is considered above and beyond when almost everyone selling batteries on ebay implies that they are ping.

the sun-thing28 guy even imitates ping in how he constructs the battery and uses the same BMS as the ping hi current version, except for the leds.

Well there you have it. BMS battery shamelessly imitates a good battery vendors ad copy. Imagine that.

Comparing the CS reputations of the two companies, It's pretty clear that Li Ping does not run BMS battery. Or if he does, he needs to fire somebody.

So, they don't have laws about copyright, trademark, etc. in China? I realize that enforcing in the third world is difficult (yes, China is mostly third world), but a land of imitators doesn't bode well for a nation's reputation.

I'm not saying anything new, of course, but it certainly affects the way I think about Chinese business.

Like all those sites from China that have importing for bikes and such (Alibaba or whatever) scare me off. I don't trust that they actually make, sell, or have even seen the products they list. I can't imagine sending money to them and expecting to get it back.

i have never had that problem. but i would never use an external hosting site for my pictures like you did either since i worry about them getting infected with viruses. especially the one you use. i would not click on pictures from your links but i have no problem dealing with regular chinese merchants on ebay. i really do not participate in the racial stereotyping of the chinese except to recognize that they are superior to us in almost every respect.

the chinese do not invade other countries, they form business alliances and build up the local infrastructure to gain favor from the local politicians. we would not owe them so much money if we did the same. all the chinese citizens i have met were well above the quality of person i meet who grew up in this land of plenty.

Could have something to do with their shopping cart software's defaults.

dnmun said:
i have never had that problem. but i would never use an external hosting site for my pictures like you did either since i worry about them getting infected with viruses. especially the one you use. i would not click on pictures from your links but i have no problem dealing with regular chinese merchants on ebay. i really do not participate in the racial stereotyping of the chinese except to recognize that they are superior to us in almost every respect.

the chinese do not invade other countries, they form business alliances and build up the local infrastructure to gain favor from the local politicians. we would not owe them so much money if we did the same. all the chinese citizens i have met were well above the quality of person i meet who grew up in this land of plenty.

Uh, that was weird. I was talking about the iffy business practice of disregarding intellectual property, but you turned it into racial stereotyping? That's odd.

And I use Smugmug to host my photos. Excellent service with an outstanding reputation.

MikeFairbanks said:
Like all those sites from China that have importing for bikes and such (Alibaba or whatever) scare me off. I don't trust that they actually make, sell, or have even seen the products they list. I can't imagine sending money to them and expecting to get it back.

MikeFairbanks said:
Uh, that was weird. I was talking about the iffy business practice of disregarding intellectual property, but you turned it into racial stereotyping?

????????????????????

dnmun said:
all the chinese citizens i have met were well above the quality of person i meet who grew up in this land of plenty.[/quote
That's okay dnmun. Most of the citizens of this country i have met have been well below the quality of person you have met who grew up in china. However, i wouldn't be so sure about discounting the others i have known, some very honest smart hard working, albeit not well off, except for 3 dozen or so. I tend to gravitate towards great people, and I hold out to understand what your point is.
Last time I checked, plagiarism was somewhat of a funky way of conveying a message.
afterthought: and you would also discount the qualities of even a few (?) quality people who comprise the endless sphere? if so, say so. I believe the intent of Fairbanks was to expose the fact that the company in question is, to borrow the expression, "copying copy". Most people know where technology has sprung from, and wherefore it has been copied, without regard to the owners of such content. So, if you feel as you say, that quality people are not here, then would it also follow that you have "no american friends" of quality?
Well, if so, your skills may be needed in China, however I doubt they pay $200 an hour, as you seem to charge. The people who make money in the land of plenty make money from their friendly associations. Check that out.
Back to the topic, underneath it all, copying others' work and passing it off as one's own, and doing so at a price-mark which defeats the efforts of the first person author is, in a word, disgusting.
Maybe crap is a good word here, not from dnmun, maybe crap from me. So, I'll add to Mike Fairbanks, you know some things...and then you know something more...you're a teacher and that's the higher quality, along with healer, and guru for that matter. You're definitely not to be taken lightly. Your questioning is valid IMO (2c).
harox

Saw this thread now... got ripped off today.

I am building a low speed bike (1.1kW, 48V, BLDC motor) and needed 16 nos. of 15Ah LiFePO4 cells. Since, this is my first time with pack building I ordered 2 extra cells. They did not dispatch anything for 3 solid weeks and then the shipping itself took an inordinate long time ... long story got my parcel several weeks after ordering with 16 cells instead of 18!

It's as if they almost knew that the other 2 cells were merely a buffer :x

Their customer service is definitely slow and it's very hard to communicate them. I even tried asking them for their number so that I can call them up and clear stuff up faster (this is during the order process). They refused that.

Will know in the next few days if they ship the last 2 cells or if i can get a bloody refund now..

get a refund. you won't need the extra cells if you use a BMS to protect the pack. make sure to balance the cells before assembling and do not connect the BMS to the sense wires until you actually use the voltmeter to make sure the sense wires are connected in sequence so that the cell voltages step up on each pin of the sense wire plug.

you can buy the same BMS that BMS battery sells from bestekpower.com for less than BMS battery charges. they manufacture them for all the resellers.

I'm thinking of pulling the trigger on a q100 rear kit and the 36v bottle battery from BMS. I am getting the cheapest shipping quote at $180, fedex i think. Sound right? I think I ordered something a few years back and it was closer to $100. Thanks.

dnmun said:
get a refund. you won't need the extra cells if you use a BMS to protect the pack. make sure to balance the cells before assembling and do not connect the BMS to the sense wires until you actually use the voltmeter to make sure the sense wires are connected in sequence so that the cell voltages step up on each pin of the sense wire plug.

you can buy the same BMS that BMS battery sells from bestekpower.com for less than BMS battery charges. they manufacture them for all the resellers.

Thanks for the tip.
At their website it says voltages are adjustable.
But how can I adjust?

Thanks.

i don't know how to have them make it to the custom (adjustable) specs. you can ask them what the options are. the comparators come in different voltage settings so they would have to use a different set of comparators if you wanted something other than their stock settings. but i think their stock settings are reasonable and i think they know a lot more than me about the set points so i would go with what they offer if they cannot offer different setpoints.

Back