Both hall throttles, 2 volts at 0% throttle

steelmesh

100 W
Not sure how to word it in google to search for it.

I just started having problems, my e-trike wouldn't run, assumed the controller faulting because high throttle on start up because the old razor hall thumb throttle was putting out 2 volts at 0% throttle, so I could disconnect the signal wire, startup, then it would run (without stopping). I put a brand new thumb hall throttle (bought from cycle analyst store), this too is putting out the 2 volts at 0% throttle. I am using a 5 volt supply from the Kelly KDS36100, and measured across the throttle reference GND, which is putting out 5 volts. All grounds should be tied together. The throttle works fine between 2-4.3 volts, so I updated the controller to make 2.2 volts 0% throttle, and it is working but that is not a good solution IMO.

Any ideas?

Are the throttles putting out that voltage when output wire is not connected to the Kelly? If not, then check the Kelly's input pin for voltage--maybe it has an internal pulldown that has failed?

If with only 5V and ground connected from throttle to the Kelly, and signal not connected, then measuring on throttle signal output gets you the normal range 1.4V-ish to 4V-ish) then the throttles are doing what they are supposed to, and the problem probably lies in the wiring to the Kelly or inside it.

Back