Throttle problem with Votol EM200/2

genlok

1 µW
Hello,

I've converted a Kymco MXU to electric.
Works ok, but when I go full throttle (hall) the controller cuts out until standstill then I can use the throttle again.
And the Display menu says HALL FAULT.
I've tried 3 different throttles, all the same problem.

I used normal voltages, 0.3 1.3 4.3 5 to configure the controller, I measured the throttles and they were all in spec ~0.86v - 4.8v..

Here is a potential issue tho, my controller software (downloaded from siaecosys, doesn't read back all values anymore.
When I connect on Page1, all throttle values are 0 (cf Screenshot). I've to put them back in everytime I write parameters.

Question, does anybody know this problem? How can I factory reset a EM200/2p?

Thank you

412870375_7021672354576163_3722662631934186637_n.jpg

Attachments

• noreading#.png
    noreading#.png
    29.8 KB · Views: 14
Throttle hall.
It even happens in PARK mode, when I twist the throttle to near max, the software says 0x80 HALL FAULT, so it is not the engine.

As I said, I can't read out the throttle voltages, for some reason. Maybe some bad values are in there which are not getting overwritten. I'd need to reset the controller, but don't know how. Does anybody have the bin of the firmware?

Probably a throttle overvolt protection for both of you. Change protection values in the program or add a resistor in the throttle line to lower the voltage into the controller. I would have to spend some time finding it out where to put it and which value, too much work right now but it is certainly worth testing. You won’t break anything by doing it.

Last edited:
Back