Broken TSDZ2 motor casing rebuild

Those 4 plastic cover allen head bolts were missing. The cover was held on with 4 sets of Phillips SAE through bolts/ nuts. This lone M4 x 6 bolt is too short for the cover. Maybe it does not belong to this motor?
Oh it might be from the odd shaped flat plastic cover that sits below the other one - where the cables go under into the motor housing.

Oh it might be from the odd shaped flat plastic cover that sits below the other one - where the cables go under into the motor housing.
Those 2 bolts for the cable exit plastic plate are accounted for. I took them off and put them back. I think that single M4 x 6 bolt does not belong to this motor (I don't think I removed it from the motor), just like the four SAE through bolts/nuts securing the cover. I had some M4 x 10 Phillips heads and that's what's securing the plastic cover.

Last edited:
My photo tach says it's running at 95 RPM. Is this expected behavior? Any other tests I can try on the bench? I tried turning the crank but it did not give any assist. Is that because there is no load on the motor? How do I test if the torque sensor is working or not?

Last edited:
The torque sensor will not work with no load on the crank, You have to install the motor with chain and wheels, Then you can apply enough torque so the motor can read it and run,

Is this an OSF programmed motor? I didn't realize that a reprogrammed LCD3 would work with the stock firmware. There's probably all kinds of things going on, if it is not compatible,

The torque sensor will not work with no load on the crank, You have to install the motor with chain and wheels, Then you can apply enough torque so the motor can read it and run,

Is this an OSF programmed motor? I didn't realize that a reprogrammed LCD3 would work with the stock firmware. There's probably all kinds of things going on, if it is not compatible,
It has V 0.18.2 OSF. I am currently installing the motor on the bike.

Last edited:
Back