build blog->fully aluminium trail/freeride BHT Frame

Your electric bike is definitely the greatest one among the other scratch builds that I have ever seen! Both design and fabrication is top-notch!

However, I have a question — why did you decided to put such a small fork and a long stem? I believe your bike can benefit from a lightweight dual-crown fork like Manitou Dorado (relatively cheap these days) or DVO Emerald (really expensive and motorcyclish). Also consider using a shorter stem and your bike will look more like an FMX motorcycle and the visual balance between the heavyweight rear/middle part and a front will be even better.

Keep up the great work!

Nicely Done!!!
Great build thread!!!

Tommy L sends.....

Great concept and innovative construction method.
You've done it well, and quickly. Well done!

Now the best part... riding it!
Enjoy.

Dave

Very very nice. Congratulations! Looks great!

Btw, what is your pedal to wheel multiplication ratio? From the first sight it seems like you'll have a crazy cadence if you try to run more that 10 km/h :D

Thanks!

Btw, what is your pedal to wheel multiplication ratio? From the first sight it seems like you'll have a crazy cadence if you try to run more that 10 km/h
yep; it is a little bit low; can't go faster then 10km/h just with pedalling. ...
Do you use the 8 teeth sprocket came with the motor?
how do you fit two sprockets to the motor axle?
... made a 9t bicycle sprocket by myself; this low gear ratio was just for testing!

.. will swich to a belt drive and a reduction of hopefully 10:1 soon! ... appart from that everithyng works great so far; will see how long the freewheel works :D

Is pedalling harder when set like this, "through" the motor?

What's your max range, sorry if you mentioned this before.

Back