Building 2nd NYX Ebike for visiting friends!

Doctorbass

100 GW
I got this idea of bulding an second ebike for the friends that will come visiting me in Quebec!

That is always a pleasure to meet you guys when you come to Quebec! That is cool to see you enjoying my Ebike... but...

Enjoying ebike is so much more fun when 2+ !! witch happen to me like 1% of time :lol:

So for everyone of you guys that will come in Quebec to meet me, YOU WILL HAVE A BIKE TO RUN WITH ME!! 8) :wink:

To have matched fun, that second ebike will be very similar to my actual NYX.

-NYX 2016 frame ( blue color aluminum)
-Adaptto MAX-E 14kW unlocked :twisted:
-QS205 50H 4T with all Doc modifications including Ferrofluid
-20s15P of 25R and VTC5
-Dual 9" 224mm disk brake
-60T crankset
-Marzocchi suspensions
-shimano XT 4 pistons brake
-1.8kW ultracompact charger
-Maybe an integrated J1772 plug!... for longer run than 2.5kWh :wink:
-2.5 x 17 Sinko rear and 24x3.0 front tires

Actually i have to build the battery pack from couple Makita 5Ah pack,
-finish the motor upgrade ( varnisg, FF, heatsink etc)
-Modify the Adaptto Max-e with better caps, power wires and unlock it
-find a new 20 x 160mm axel for my World cup double crown fork
-measure magnet strengh with my future gaussmeter that is actually in the mail. ( I want to compare with another original motor magnet rotor to see if after baking the paint at 78 celsius have made magnet loss magnetism)

Pics coming soon

Any future progress will be posted as well!

For comparison my actual E-bike is configures as this ( 2WD temporarely removed for better offroad !).. It is in an area where not less than 13 closed loop camera are recording every angle :!:

Doc

Attachments

• IMG_0110 (Personnalisé).JPG
    IMG_0110 (Personnalisé).JPG
    135.4 KB · Views: 1,958
  • IMG_0113 (Personnalisé).JPG
    IMG_0113 (Personnalisé).JPG
    127.8 KB · Views: 1,958
If I visit Quebec I will rip that spare bike with you!

liveforphysics said:

Luke you were my very first wish! 8)

During June to September temp here are between 21 and 33 celsius no worrie!

Doc

Baron said:
my dream build right here...what front tire and 60t crankset is that, specifically?

Old 2009 Zero MX front wheel ( the rim is 44mm wide and 36holes) The tire is a Vee rubber 24 x 3.00.

The 60T crankset is availlable on ebay and easy to find on google. This one is the Driveline 60T (gear only) on a 130mm crank bolt pattern:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Driveline-C...281634?hash=item1c580c3e22:g:nrIAAOSw3ydV1W0j

Driveline are also selling some very nice one too:
7075-en-aluminium-CNC-56-T-plateaux-plateau-de-route-pédalier-disque-de-dent-plaque-dentaire.jpg

Doc

spiros said:
Doc may I ask you why you don't choose a Lipo battery for this monsterbike?

I stoped using LiPo.. for daily use ebike.. I only use them for my drag racing bikes and moto.

Lipo require very good care and can't pardon if you make a mistake.

I now use High Quality industrial cells from Zero, Makita and chevy spark. These have way better quality and safety than Lipo.

Lipo are fragile.. and mechanicaly they require good engineered box to remain safe.

Also i've discovered that alot of people that have passion of ebike follow what i do and often repeat that on their build. But sometime they dont have all the details and it is not everybody that can build a safe battery and think about all the small but important details (sharp edges, heat transfer, proper balance wiring, high resistance to mecanical vibration etc). I have experience and it is not everybody that have the required experience to build a safe lipo battery. I saw alot of very simple mistake that make lipo to catch fire on that forum. I hat eto see that every time.

That's why i prefer keeping LiPo for very specific ebike purpose.

After all with the new chemistry and availlable cells, other than lipo, the advantages that lipo had is now reduced considerably.

Doc

liveforphysics said:

Hey Luke check this out, this is where i live! and i love it!

[youtube]yF_ZJak8AZU[/youtube]

Doc

It is good to have a guest bike. Visitors can use my dirt bike to ride in town and they have a lot of fun. I don't let anyone ride my bikes in the mountain anymore, for I like them to leave on their 2 legs. :wink:

Wow, what a awesome ride! :mrgreen:

I wish I could try that too once my big exams are finally finished this early june.

It looks like a blast !!

Matador

Back