Another NYX Carbon Fiber E-Frame built ! by Doc

Doctorbass

100 GW
Yes guys! That's a second NYX built ! I am falling in love with that frame!

Yeah two crazy projects at the same time.... one 2WD and one single motor NYX/MXUS/MAX-E :lol:

I've been enjoying ebikes since 2006 but there is still one problem that remain unsolved and i think it's time to make a change!

99% of time i'm alone when enjoying my ebike !! :lol: It's like i can not convince my friends to spend money for an ebike that can follow mine and there is not alot of ebikers here in Quebec that have what we can call powerfull ebike!

it's now time to change that! ! :twisted: I had so much fun with Cedrick and Eloi from NYX when we took an afternoon to make an offroad ride together! Enjoying ebike with friends multiply fun by 4 !

I am building another one for them!.. I will have one ebike to bring to people that cant come with me and enjoy all that power and performance!

It will be very similar setup but will use a 4T MXUS and my old World cup front fork from my Giant that i recently salvaged.

I alreaqdy began to assemble it and the MXUS motor is painted inside to prevent rust and magnets to unbound.

More details to come!

Attachments

• 20150718_002737 (Personnalisé).jpg
    20150718_002737 (Personnalisé).jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 2,361
  • 20150716_123956 (Personnalisé).jpg
    20150716_123956 (Personnalisé).jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 2,361
Noamsal said:
Can't wait to see this one on a dyno!!
i see that the giant DH has retired for this project?

Yes the giant is retired now. It provided me alotnof fun but all bearings and many components would need to be replaced and i prefer spending my time on the NYX now. I will probably offer the giant dh frame in the sale section soon.

Doc

I wish I could spend the money you do too! I'm still at the 5304 level.

dogman dan said:
I wish I could spend the money you do too! I'm still at the 5304 level.

5304 is and remain a great motor dogman! I still have all my 5300 serie!

I made alot of projects but i can t keep all them so there is a time that i need to sell them to build new one. I dont spend so much money, most of the time i sell older projects or parts i bought to buy part for new projects! Ebay is also a very good source of cheap parts! I sold some zero motocross parts to get the parts for the NYX.

Btw the 5302 i still have gave me 10.5hp at the wheel on the dyno with 10.4kw input! It survived thenspeed record in 2009 andnis still alive in 2015!

Doc

I am using Zero cells made by Farasis. These are 25 Ah pouch capable of 7C from the spec.

For the 2WD build i will use Lonestar 100C special LiPO made for drag racing electric car.

Doc

teslanv said:
What controller are you going to use, Doc?

Well i have 3 choices: my 220A 120V Kelly, my second MAX-E that i plan to use on my 2WD bike or one of the multiple 18 fets infineon i modified.

I have finished modifying the 4T MXUS and installing the Shinko 241 tire and 10 AWG phase cables upgrade. !

The motor and wheel fit just perfect on the swing arm!

Tomorrow i'll install the brake and build an adapter for the 224mm disk brake i'm installing. The disk look the same diameter of the motor 8)

The rear wheel with motor weight 30.8 pounds witch is heavy, but the tire itself weight 5 pounds! and the motorcycle rim is also heavy.. but these are ready for any type of obstacke and ground !!!! :twisted: no more bent rim or loose spokes!! or pinched tire!

I also have transfered my Manitou six way shock from the Giant to the NYX swing arm and the World cup front fork too. Take a look on how i managed to fit the top crown of the fork! this was the only way i have found to not interfere with the frame and keep steering rotation, otherwise i would have had to build a flat top crown for the fork.

Doc

Attachments

• 20150720_231852 (Personnalisé).jpg
    20150720_231852 (Personnalisé).jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 2,194
  • 20150720_231945 (Personnalisé).jpg
    20150720_231945 (Personnalisé).jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 2,194
  • 20150720_231910 (Personnalisé).jpg
    20150720_231910 (Personnalisé).jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 2,194
Looking good DoctorBass!

I haven't been on the forums in a couple years and was glad to see one of your threads near the top :)

What Giant bike did you use? I recently got into AM/freeride and picked up a Trance and Reign (not electrified).

fitek said:
Looking good DoctorBass!

I haven't been on the forums in a couple years and was glad to see one of your threads near the top :)

What Giant bike did you use? I recently got into AM/freeride and picked up a Trance and Reign (not electrified).

Hi, it's great to have you back on the forum again.
I have used some part of my past project of the Giant DH comp 2003.

Doc

interestin to learn from a fellow multiple nyx builder :lol:

btw. i couldnt access your 2wd nyx thread, got some security warning on screen. dang!

Hi,

I am wondering if you can measure the thickness of the aluminium swing arm and also the height? I guess its about 50 x 10mm? is that close?

I am looking at building something similar for myself and was hoping to learn what is done here to make sure I make things stiff enough!

Thanks for the help :)

Simon

Back