Building My First Electric Bike

Hey everyone!
First off, allow me to introduce myself. My name is Michael Danger Gonzalez and I am a first year student at Cal Poly San Luis Obispo studying Mechanical Engineering.
I would like to build my own electric bike.
While I do not have experience in electric bikes specifically, i do have experience with BLDC motors from rc cars. I know the basics of wiring and plan on building my own chromoly frame. I have lots of experience with MIG and TIG welding steel so that part should be easy.
Now i have done a fair amount of research and lurking around here and have come to the conclusion that I would like to build a high powered full suspension mountain bike.
I envision a cross between a mountain bike and a dirtbike.
Okay so onto the details
From lurking i found that either a Crystalyte 5403 or a Greyborg Cromotor is my motor of choice.
I can get the 5403 already laced in 26' wheel with a 72v 40a contoller, thumb throttle and cycle analyst v3 from http://ebikes.ca/store/store_nc.php for $995.

I am leaning towards this option because it is tried and true while i found that generally builds with cromotors are more involved with brake and sprocket mounting.
Is it a hassle to get the cromotor inside a 150mm dropout with normal 203mm disk brakes and a single speed sprocket?

If i go the cromotor way, which controller should i get?

I'd also like to point out that i got my inspiration from the stelath bomber, the electric moto blade, the zero mx, and the motoped dx.

Wheelbase will be around 55in with a 65degree headtube angle and dual crown air boxxer forks and a fox dhx air 9,75x3.0 rear shock

most likely running duro razorbacks 26x2.8 and avid hydraulic brakes

Could be worse, you could have Daniel for a first name. For some reason, we get called danger dan every time.

You might have a look at this thread, in for sale. http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=45831

Solid ES member to buy something from, and a better motor for your intended use than a 5403, IMO. Can't beat the wheelbuild anywhere, JRH is the master.

Seriously, I was kinda shocked this offer lasted more than an hour.

Okay so I'm starting to form a plan:

x5405 laced to 24" wheel (single speed with 12ga spokes)
120V 200A controller (possibly 144v?)
120V Lifepo4 20Ah battery (again maybe 144v or 10ah/15ah)

about a 50"wheelbase and 65* headtube angle
rock shox boxxer air 200mm travel
rock shox vivid air 9.5x3.0 shock
duro razorback 24x3.0 tires
schlumpf high speed drive
avid code 200mm hydraulic disc brakes
ODI lock on grips
dirtbike style seat
rigid dually d2 led headlight

SIMULATOR RESULTS (using 5305 option)
top speed: 45mph for 25miles
75% throttle: 35mph for 35miles