• Howdy! we're looking for donations to finish custom knowledgebase software for this forum. Please see our Funding drive thread

Buying from PING?

ecowheelz

100 W
I know a lot of you guys have purchased batteries from PING. Since everyone speaks so highly of them, I've been recommending them to our customers when one of our solutions won't work. Today, a customer contacted me and told me they rejected his order because he was an "ineligible merchant". Can anyone purchase from PING, or do you have to be a dealer? Since I've never personally purchased anything from them, I'm not sure. I sent the customer to http://www.pingbattery.com

On a related note, I sent PING an email at the beginning of the week about creating a custom LiFePo4 battery for one of our bikes. Never heard back. Is something going on at PING?

Sometimes if you dont keep your email nice short and simple with our foreign counterparts they get easily confused and some refuse to respond. They sometimes thinik you arent serious with your purchase and that you are just trying to get them to fulfill a wet dream. Keywin is a good example of that. I find that he doesnt talk unless you buy something and then its still a hit or a miss. Also if you ask to many questions they will disown you like an red headed step child. The main thing with Americans in order to do business the seller must communicate otherwise we will take our business elsewhere.

Also are do you have a verified email address in paypal. That could be why you got rejected maybe.

i don't know where this ineligible merchant stuff came from. mr ping is very helpful imo. not everyone responds immediately to email if they have so many with no priority.

send him an email specifically asking to build a custom pack, explaining how you want it split and how long he will have to make the sense wires to make it work and he will give you a price. you should expect to put up the money up front though since he likely won't build one on spec.

pingping227@hotmail.com should reach him.

I've used pingbattery.com without problems.
Maybe it's something to do with your customers paypal account?

Also I've emailed ping without any problems in the past...

Ineligible merchant???? thats a new one for sure. Mabye he's had some bad experience with wholesale buyers? I suspect it's something with a paypal account. As for communications, Pings written english is better than mine, at least for grammar and spelling.

Sometimes we do forget that Ping is a human, who may travel from time to time, or even take a day or a few days off. Once in a while he'll miss answering his email for awhile. By now, he must be pretty busy so the quick responses we enjoyed last year may be taking a bit longer at times.

Other than some pretty high quality home built packs, the pings still seem to have the best proven real world durability so far. I'm about 40% through the life expectancy of mine with no noticeable loss of range yet.

Anybody out there have 3000-5000 miles on an 18650 round cell pack? I doubt it. Other prismatic cell packs look good, as do the headway cells, but it will take a year to see how they stand up.

I don't think my customer has a Paypal account... so that was probably the issue...

PING answered my email this morning, so everything must be fine. Just wanted to make sure there wasn't something going on that I didn't know about. You guys are really on top of this stuff... so I had to ask ;)

It will be a while before I'd be in a position to buy a Ping Pack, that being said...

I hear good things about him as far as price and quality. I'm assuming he doesn't have a website? I've heard that he makes up custom packs according to the buyers specs, but I'm wondering what are the most common voltages, and sizes, and shapes of the packs?

I don't have exotic desires, I'd rather say "I want to order battery pack number 3 (48V,10aH, triangle shape)"

Pingbattery.com is his website.
otherDoc

if he doesn't have paypal then hes propably just a worried ebay virgin

Back