Can I add 2 3s Lipo packs to my setup?

transposon

100 W
I am building my first ebike. I purchased a pair of Multi Star 6s 10Ah Lipos for my 1000W 48V conversion kit. I am considering increasing the volts for a little more pep.

HK has 3s 5Ah packs. Could I place two of these in parallel and then connect them in series with each of the 6s packs?

(3s + 3s in parallel) + 6s + 6s for the equivalent of a 15s 10Ah pack? The 6s packs are about 1.5 years old, but only have about 2 cycles on them and have been stored at storage voltage for virtually the entire time. I plan on having low voltage alarms on the balance leads for each pack.

Does this sound safe? I plan on charging all packs to 4.1V/cell so I should be under the 63V cutoff for my controller.

Thanks

Really best if all the components match, age as well as cell model and xPyS layout.

48V is 13S
14S is usually called 52V

I guess 15S could be called 54 or 55V, charge at 61-2V would be better for longevity.

Sure that's what you want, are you trying to get an extra 1.5km/hr or something?

not pushing your kit too hard?

What do you mean by charging through the controller?

Personally I'd build a pair of 7S packs, serial for use but split to charge with a balance charger.

Back