Can I speed delimit this foldable ebike?

allyshreds

1 µW
Hello, I'm new to ebikes and this lovely forum. Apologies if this has been answered before.

I'm trying to delimit my new Ancheer 14" ebike. Link to product page.

I downloaded their app but it doesn't work. I then downloaded the DYU app, which did connect to the bike but it limited my bike even more - to 15mph (advertised top speed is 20mph). Unpowered bicycles are much faster than me and the low speed is dangerous on my frequent downtown Los Angeles commutes.

I don't see a separate white speed limiter wire that I can disconnect from the controller. My understanding is that is an old design?

Here is the controller:
nl4Isme.jpg

oNY30zU.jpg

Here is the bluetooth chip:
2xBxNpo.jpg

eAC3T9s.jpg

Can anyone give me any pointers or advice? Thanks in advance!

If you want to go faster, get a real bike with full sized wheels. That way you won't become road pizza when you encounter a pothole or other road hazard at 20+ mph.

Toys are fine for playing and fooling around with. Don't play and fool around in traffic.

Chalo said:
If you want to go faster, get a real bike with full sized wheels. That way you won't become road pizza when you encounter a pothole or other road hazard at 20+ mph.

Toys are fine for playing and fooling around with. Don't play and fool around in traffic.

Thanks but this is what I can afford right now. I wear a helmet and stay in dedicated, groomed bike lanes. I take my safety very seriously, riding is not a game to me. That's the reason for my post.

The bike did go 20mph originally, before I used the DYU app, and it was a comfortable ride. I can't find a way to negate the effects that app has had on my bluetooth module. If I could get it back up to that speed at least, I would feel a lot safer riding with other cyclists. There are also a lot of these small ebikes in my city, but none seem to be as slow as mine :lol:

Customer service for the bike is non-existent. Any help is greatly appreciated.

allyshreds said:
Chalo said:

Thanks but this is what I can afford right now. I wear a helmet and stay in dedicated, groomed bike lanes. I take my safety very seriously, riding is not a game to me. That's the reason for my post.

The bike did go 20mph originally, before I used the DYU app, and it was a comfortable ride. I can't find a way to negate the effects that app has had on my bluetooth module. If I could get it back up to that speed at least, I would feel a lot safer riding with other cyclists. There are also a lot of these small ebikes in my city, but none seem to be as slow as mine :lol:

Contact Ancheer. If you're using the DYU software, and their bikes are limited to 15.5mph, then it makes sense that you're now limited to that speed. Use the right app for your bike. On the other hand, 15mph may be a safer speed for that bike.

E-HP said:
allyshreds said:
Chalo said:

Contact Ancheer. If you're using the DYU software, and their bikes are limited to 15.5mph, then it makes sense that you're now limited to that speed. Use the right app for your bike. On the other hand, 15mph may be a safer speed for that bike.

My attempts to contact Ancheer have gone unanswered. Seems that finding help elsewhere is my only hope. I truly regret checking out the DYU app. Someone in the amazon Q&A suggested it because the Ancheer app doesn't work. 20mph felt just a tad too slow. Now I'm riding in slow motion :lol: Lack of customer support aside, the bike is actually very comfortable. Thanks for your input, I appreciate it.

Back