Car Replacement DIY E-Bike Journey (Appreciate guidance!)

Gorillazilla said:
Looking at the frame, think it would be possible to squeeze a BBS01 or BBS02 rotated upward into that gap between the lower frame and crossbar?
image-fiido-t1-electric-bike-review-cramming-a-big-battery-and-tons-of-value-into-a-utility-e-bike-164577608741669.jpg

Might just fit as you can see it's pretty damn small
IMG_6638_zoom_sur_moteur.jpg

Nope. Seat tube interference.

E-HP said:
Nope. Seat tube interference.

Cheers, yeah I thought the BBS01 might not fit because of that.

I have though, found an affordable but high durability Mid Drive that might just fit the Fiido T1 regardless of the seat tube interference, as it is held out at a much further distance from the crank than the BBS 01.

I asked the manufacturer and they said it is quite likely to fit into the 97mm minimum gap between the Frame tube and Crossbar of the T1 with a little reconfiguration of the mounting plates.

If this mid Drive can be made to fit then that adds a whole world of additional utility potential for the Fiido T1 Frame for hill climbing and Towing. Making it the perfect bike in many respects as a lot of people are looking for an affordable mid drive Radrunner including myself.

If this mid Drive can be made to fit then that adds a whole world of additional utility potential for the Fiido T1 Frame for hill climbing and Towing. Making it the perfect bike in many respects as a lot of people are looking for an affordable mid drive Radrunner including myself. ( This might fit on the rad runner too, anyone got the measurements? )

In fact, this would be far better than a pure mid Drive could ever be, as the rear hub motor can work alongside the Mid Drive when climbing a steep hill to take some of the strain off the chain, reducing chain wear and the chance of the chain breaking in a dangerous fashion during a hill climb which is a major headache for mid Drive users as loosing forward momentum on a really steep climb usually ends up with a thrown rider and a bike tumbling all the way back down....

Also, the ability to use only the Hub drive to drive on flat roads to virtually eliminate extra chain wear from adding mid drive power to the human power, as well as being quieter and more efficient also.

Also fault tolerant, as you can loose the hub motor, or the Mid Drive/Chain Or even one of the batteries if you power each drive by its own battery, same voltage so either battery can power either drivetrain and still drive home regardless of failure of any part.

Here is the Mid Drive in question:
https://www.cyclone-tw.com/product/6/data/162
1680winstall6.jpg

Back