Chinese 3kW KIT PAS Problem

Stoffel01

1 µW
Hello Guys,
i converted my Bike using a 3000W E Bike Kit from Aliexpress: https://de.aliexpress.com/item/4000925663341.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.5ff04c4dkGNrEX

At first I have to say that nearly everything worked out of the box. Now i added the included pedal assist sensor. But as soon as i start pedaling the bike goes on full throttle until the speed of the selected speed level is reached. And that is really undriveable. I'm using the SW900 Display and already tried out to change the PAS settings without any success. Is there any possibility to get the PAS working the right way? And is there a possibility to program the controller like it is possible for the KT Controllers?

Thanks.

Stoffel01

Perhaps the controller has the same half assed implementation of pas as on the cyclone 3k controller... meaning its useless. In the first pas setting it simply starts spinning at a set rpm and at each higher setting it simply spins faster and faster. Not assisting you at all unless you can keep up with its speed.

So the only thing i can do is changing the Controller? Maybe to a KT Controller with custom firmware. But i need an other display too i think...

I had another kit (ebikeling) that used the SW900 display and had the same probkem. All PAS levels; seemed to do only one thing, They would race the bike up to max speed whenever the pedals turned. There were some parameter settings to modify this in the SW900 settings but they had little effect. I never used that controller. KT controllers have good PAS response. Upgrading to one of them plus a KT display was my solution.

What was interesting was that I later got another ebikeling kit with a 3 level LED display. This provided 3 different PAS levels with discrete speeds. The LED display worked on my original ebikeling controller too, so I think it was poorly written firmware in the SW900. I doubt that ebikeling 5 pin LED display works with your controller.

Most of the PAS-cadence type controllers have this behavior, where it simply detects that you are pedalling, and then applies power at the full amount of the PAS level you've chosen. Some have the ability to change how much power that is in each level but not on the fly.

Some of these controllers don't even use the PAS to apply power at all, but only to enable the throttle, but thsoe are less common.

As long as your controller is NOT of the second type (probably not), and throttle works without PAS attached, then you can add controllable cadence-type PAS a couple of ways. These DIY projects may work:
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=104143

or you can use the Cycle Analyst V3 SA version from ebikes.ca by connecting your PAS sensor and your htrottle to it's PAS and throtle inputs, and it's throttle output to your controller's throttle input. If you know what you want the bike to do, you may be able to tell Grin Tech to preconfigure it for you, and maybe even a printout of the settings (so you can put them back if you mess it up sometime during fine tuning). Otherwise you can use the videos and other documentation available there (and here on ES) to set it up exactly how you want it.. It's not as cheap as a different controller, but it adds features to any controller so you can also use it with a different one if you like later on.

Back