Chinese E-Vader/E-Grom/E-Monkey

I just purchased one of those Chinese 2000W mini bikes that go by various names such as "E-Vader" or "E-Grom" or "E-Monkey".
The one I ordered claims to have LifePo4 batteries rather than the normal lead acid ones.
I plan to do a very detailed review of the unit, and post a lot of the information that I have searched for, but either could not find or had to source from many different places in the hopes that this might help someone else in my situation down the road. These bikes use the QSMotor hub motors, but from what I can gather, it is a custom "72V1950W" unit. I cannot find any good pictures of it so I will post some after I receive mine.

Mods I plan to do include:
- Replacing the stock 72V battery with a 96V battery made from first gen Leaf cells (If I can get them to fit)
- Replace the anemic stock controller with something substantially more powerful (Maybe a bigger Kelly or a SEVCON)
- Replace the stock 10" 2kw hub motor with a 12KW 12" one, and replace the front stock 12" wheel with a 14" one
- If possible, replace the stock front forks with a set off of a honda grom or something similar.
- Upgrade the rear shock
- reinforce the welds on the frame
- add a permanent on-board charger with standard AC in, and J1772 support

If anyone has any insight into any weird quirks on these motorcycles, I would appreciate the info.
Thanks.

Well that was short lived.
My order got cancelled and the vendor no longer lists the bike for sale.
I decided to go ahead on my 1979 yamaha xs750 conversion with a 12kw hub motor.
Ill make a different post about it.

Back