Cogging problem with QS205 and Sabvoton

Haien

1 W
This was one of a few questions I asked in the wrong subforum with no answer, hoping you have some input on this!

I recently finished building my QS 205 V3 4T bike with an unlocked Sabvoton 72150, and I have started experiencing some cogging and "clicking". Had none of that when I had just finished the build, but now when going past like half throttle at speeds over like 15mph I can feel a "click", almost like a chain skipping a tooth, loosing some power, and I think I can feel it isn't as zippy. One time during a ride when it was happening I switched to the other hall set, which made it much worse, cogging all the time, to then switch back to the first hall set, and this time it worked like it should, no clicking, cogging, ultra smooth and zippy. What can be the cause of this? Shouldn't be bad hall sensors right? (At least one of the sets), but maybe the controller?

Thanks in advance!

Its slow logged in, everyones logged-off out having fun and riding their joyrides with big grins.
How long you had it before it cogged/clicked?
Did you test your halls?

Its slow logged in, everyones logged-off out having fun and riding their joyrides with big grins.
How long you had it before it cogged/clicked?
Did you test your halls?
Yeah I'm noticing that haha

Not long at all, a week maybe. Test how? I did the "hall test" in the mqcon app if that's what you mean, although I had sone problems. Had to try over again a lot with different test currents for it to finally work.

I have barely ridden since it's no fun having problems, but yesterday I tried pre charging the controller with a 100 ohm resistor for a while before plugging it it, thinking if I treat the controller better it might behave better? Well it seems to have worked as it should after that. Hoping it keeps working if I precharge it.

Back