Communication error x2 displays please help

paulstung

100 W
Hi there guys, I hope that you all had a great Christmas.
I have a 1500w voilamart rear conversion kit and after almost 3000 miles it started to act a bit strange, randomly stuttering and jerking both with the throttle and the pas, but disconnecting and reconnecting the battery fixed it, well until it didn't. The sw900 was giving me the error code 10, which I believe is a comunication error.

I've tried all the trouble shooting all of the tips, but sadly no joy. So I dug out a spare identical controller and a 750c display and with either option still no joy ( error code 30h, comunication error ) I even resorted in cutting off the waterproof connectors and individually connecting them.

Any ideas because I'm stuck? Thanks in advance..

Also as a side note I've got a 3000w kit that I was given non working, and it's in the same state ( apart from the stuttering as I have no information on how or why it stopped working) but it's showing the same 30h error code, I've not tried the sw900 display. And I've opened and checked both motors and tested the hall sensor wires with a multimeter and they both seem to check out as being as good as new.

The stuttering part might say that you cooked your motor but those kits have temp wire to cutoff power right?

Next up maybe a bad hall/wiring or it moved out of its slot inside the motor.

Could also be a bad hall/phase combo from motor to controller.

Simplest first is to check all the wiring, and see that the wires havent been nicked at the axle exit.
Next, be sure the connectors are all firmly attached.
Then, see if the settings are set properly.

Me, personally, I'd get rid of the display and kit all together and buy a sensorless controller and a few spare throttles.
Saying that, check that your throttle is healthy.
Then, think about taking the cover plate off and taking the sniff test, oh you will know if you cooked it or not. But your hall sensor maybe not in its right place, easy enough to check right. Do some tests, I'll be nice and give you a link.

https://ebikes.ca/learn/troubleshooting.html

Thank you mate, I'll try all of the above. Tbh after doing some reading my first thought was to buy a sensorless controller.

As far as I know there isn't a cut of wire on my model, I've got what they advertise as the waterproof kit, it has the bafang style connectors 2x brake cut off, 1x display 1x throttle and 1xpas.

Is there any way of running the kit without the display, I read an article a while back about a bafang bbs.. And if I remember correctly you can join a couple of the wires on the display cable on the harness end and it would work?

They will claim anything for a sale, waterproof, military grade connectors, nasa grade, mars grade, pluto grade.... whatever it takes to get a sale.

Not sure about a hot wire solution, but yes a sensorless controller will work out well and they are cheap and its good to have a backup. While your at it buy some spare throttles, cheap as Borscht

https://evfittinggreentime.aliexpress.com/store/group/E-bike-Brushless-Controller/313864_211689768.html?spm=a2g0o.store_home.pcShopHead_11248317.1_0

https://evfittinggreentime.aliexpress.com/store/group/Throttle-gas-handle/313864_251589097.html?spm=2114.12010612.0.0.1e687ad0vpEAKe

Give me the bafang style connectors over jst style, but you're right anything for a sale.

I've got one of those motor/ controller testers coming in the morning, so I'll run through the appropriate tests hopefully it will shed some more light on the problem. Either way I've got a sensorless controller and a couple of throttles in my amazon basket ready to go, I'm just going to get the tests done first cos knowing my luck I will need to add something to it.

Thank you mate,

All tests done and it pointed towards the controller being dead, so I've just ordered another one, dual mode as suggested and a couple of throttles just in case.

Cheers buddy

Back