Hall sensor error

alexscard

10 W
Today I changed the rear tire, and once it was reassembled, the motor doesn't spin anymore (hub 9c). The error displayed by the kt3 lcd is "hall sensor."
While removing and reassembling the wheel, the cable that comes out of the motor accidentaly have been a bit pulled in the process, affecting all the wires and connectors. I've thoroughly inspected all the contacts, at least the visible part, on both the motor and the control unit. The only contact that might need redoing is one of the three phases, but the error displayed specifically relates to the hall sensor. Could it be that a poorly connected phase could generate a hall sensor error? The previous time when a phase connection was lost (completely, though), the symptom was somewhat different. The display didn't show this error, and now, when I accelerate, it continues to emit a high-frequency vibration for several seconds. When the phase connection was lost before, the vibration was shorter and had a slightly different sound.

I tried some rough troubleshooting by disconnecting and reconnecting the connectors, moving the wheel and wires, but nothing changed. Do you have any advice on where the problem might have arisen?

When I have had loose phase connections, the motor would make a loud groaning sound and made vibrations. If you use a 6 pin molex connector for the halls, check that the blades/pins are all straight. I recall having an intermittent issue and later found the bent blade that wasn't making a reliable connection.

Back