Controller question

Bikinglady

1 µW
My bike was converted to electric by previous owner
It was working great until we were gone a few months and then couldn’t recharge batteries past 1/2 way
Got new batteries (maybe the old ones were still good!)
Again 1/2 way, but when I tried to ride there was zero power
Assuming the controller is the problem
My controller only has 8 wires. 5 with washer like ends, 2 with white plugs and 1 with black plug
Cannot find anything like this online. All have wires for lights and things I don’t have.
Help please

Attachments

• 37248FA8-4AAD-4793-A2F5-9BB861444B43.jpeg
    37248FA8-4AAD-4793-A2F5-9BB861444B43.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 9
  • A148B91C-9B79-4B28-ABB9-DB03CBDBD0D7.jpeg
    A148B91C-9B79-4B28-ABB9-DB03CBDBD0D7.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 7
My bike was converted to electric by previous owner
It was working great until we were gone a few months and then couldn’t recharge batteries past 1/2 way
Got new batteries (maybe the old ones were still good!)
Again 1/2 way, but when I tried to ride there was zero power
Assuming the controller is the problem
My controller only has 8 wires. 5 with washer like ends, 2 with white plugs and 1 with black plug
Cannot find anything like this online. All have wires for lights and things I don’t have.
Help please
What type of battery do you have? Do you have voltmeter to measure the output voltage of the charger?
If the battery voltage is below the low voltage cutoff of the controller, then it won't run (it's designed not to). First thing to check is the battery output voltage as well as the charger output voltage.

Can you post *all* the info and specifications / numbers you have on the old battery and the new one? If the new one is less capable than the old, it might not be able to do what the old one used to be able to do.

Alternately, you could just have a bad charger, if a new one didn't come with the new battery.

If you're willing to test some things, we can suggest tests if you will post the results so we can then suggest either more tests or a solution.

To find an appropriate controller, it could help to post everything you know about your existing bike (what other things on it connect to the controller, for instance) and how you use it. (there are thousands (more, really) of different controllers and options out there, and just because they look like yours and even if they have the same-looking wires/plugs, they may not operate the same or do the job you need them to.

Red and black with the washer type connectors are positive and negative for the battery. The other three washer wires are the three phase wires for the motor. Then you have one white plug for the hall sensors with five wires maybe six, so you have a positive and neg. and three Hall wires which tell the controller how to fire and maybe one temperature wire maybe and the other white plug should be for the throttle with three wires

Back