Controller upgrade indecisiveness

Silentbutdeadly

100 µW
Okay so a few days ago I was upgrading from MTB disc brakes to motorcycle disc brakes on my stealth clone. After reassembly I reconnected the phase wires to my sabvoton 150amp controller, and the hall wire connection. I jumped on turned the key and...pop...smoke... Done... For some reason my trusty sabvoton had enough it's completely fried. So now I'm in the market for a new controller. I have a qs 205 50h motor with statorade and hub sinks. So my question is two part. First question how much can I push this motor reliably as I use it daily for a 15 mile commute each way to work. The second question after the first is answered is since I need a new controller I might as well not just put the same performing controller back on. So I want to upgrade. That's where I'm stuck. I'm considering another sabvoton but going up to the 200 amp which pushes 350 pase amps. Or a far driver 530 pase amp controller. Or do I bight the bullet and go with a asi back 4000 or 8000. I'm a little pissed off at sabvoton at the moment so I'm considering other options however I know the sabvoton runs great just has questionable reliability as this is the second sabvoton I've burned up on this build. So with all that said what controller would you use to get the absolute most reliably out of the 205 motor. Keep in mind battery amps are not an issue I will build a battery to discharge what ever amps necessary to maximize the controller in question

Back