Battery complications

Hello ebike enthusiast...
First time posting over here..
So I have a veloctric nomad...
My battery is 48v 14.4ah (IDK wat the the amos for the bms) a stock controller that has a 20 amp current limit and a 750w motor...
My battery life is on the end and I recently acquired a new battery 48v 15ah wit a 30 amp bms...
My first question is will this new battery destroy by stock controller bcuz of the amps and
Next question the best way to install I'm having a little trouble here...
All advice is good advice for me rn if u want pics and vids pls lmk I'm struggling over here

Without specifics (link, etc) for the new battery, and the old one/the specific model/year/etc of the bike you have, I can't say with certainty that they'll work together, so here's the basic info you'll need to figure that out:

The controller draws the amps it needs; it is what limits the current in the system.

As long as the battery can supply *more* current (A) than the controller will ever ask for, and has *at least* as much capacity (Ah) as you need for the range you're after, and is the same voltage, it is safe to use and can work, assuming:

As long as your bike doesn't use anything proprietary, doens't have communication between battery and controller, etc., and just uses two wires/pins/contacts, + and -, to the controller from the battery, a "generic" battery will work. There are bikes that require the original battery to be able to turn the system on, and won't operate without this communication; these all have more than two wires / pins / contacts.

O wow I didn't even think bout the communication between battery and controller...my controller is pretty stock I'm assuming there's no intelligence or anything gave me any indication...

O wow I didn't even think bout the communication between battery and controller...my controller is pretty stock I'm assuming there's no intelligence or anything gave me any indication...
Without specifics (link, etc) for the new battery, and the old one/the specific model/year/etc of the bike you have, I can't say with certainty that they'll work together, so here's the basic info you'll need to figure that out:

The controller draws the amps it needs; it is what limits the current in the system.

As long as the battery can supply *more* current (A) than the controller will ever ask for, and has *at least* as much capacity (Ah) as you need for the range you're after, and is the same voltage, it is safe to use and can work, assuming:

As long as your bike doesn't use anything proprietary, doens't have communication between battery and controller, etc., and just uses two wires/pins/contacts, + and -, to the controller from the battery, a "generic" battery will work. There are bikes that require the original battery to be able to turn the system on, and won't operate without this communication; these all have more than two wires / pins / contacts.
Wat information do u need

Maybe a picture of the battery connector might help. If there is data there will be more than two contacts.

A Veloctric Nomad to me appears to be your typical $1200 fat tire ebike. It's not going to have any smart data in the battery connection. I'm sure the controller will behave and never draw more than 20A no matter what battery you hook up,

What is the install problem? If you buy a case that is the same size, it should drop right in. That is the problem with buying third party packs from China. You really have to check the dimensions and the connectors.

Yea I made that mistake...I'ma have to take pics n put it on here...the first problem is that the new battery I bought has the same width as the down tube itself so I'ma have to put a plate with a rubber pad over it n push the wires through the tube n the other problem is that the power supply connection between the controller n the original battery is 4 pins and the new battery only has 2 the standard xt 60....
N I jus purchased a new controller that accepts two pins only so I'ma have to tear the entire bike down n rebuild wit the the new controller new battery and stock motor that came wit the bike

Back