Crystalyte TC65 + Lyen 18fet + 24s Lipo

sacko

10 kW
Has anybody had a chance to try the above combo as of yet?

My TC65 will be in the country on the 12th accompanied by the Crystalyte 18fet controller.

I was hoping to use my 24s lipo setup as it is already setup with the BMS e.t.c, but after reading some info on here, it seems like there maybe issues with stuttering.

Im tempted to buy the Lyen 18fet and try it, but hate being the beta tester :shock:

sacko said:
Has anybody had a chance to try the above combo as of yet?

My TC65 will be in the country on the 12th accompanied by the Crystalyte 18fet controller.

I was hoping to use my 24s lipo setup as it is already setup with the BMS e.t.c, but after reading some info on here, it seems like there maybe issues with stuttering.

Im tempted to buy the Lyen 18fet and try it, but hate being the beta tester :shock:

Those motors are really new, so I doubt there will be others with the exact same setup.

Sounds like it will be a beast though.

hey sacko let us know about the new Crystalyte TC...

do you have your TC now?

have you build it in your bike yet?

years ago i had a Crystalyte 72V 50A controller and a ran it with a 90V battery...it was OK...i had no problems with the controller...even on a very hot day...it was going good
my battery was a 22s LiMn Sony Konions...full charde @ 90,5V

Yes I have it now :)

It is still a bare motor, unlaced.

From what I have read the controller is fine for 100v 24s lipo, its the motor causing issues.

sacko said:
the controller is fine for 100v 24s lipo,

A widespread misconception that leads to lots of blown controllers, because with any electrical devices it's recommended to stay away from the voltage limits of the components. Just because some people get away with it is only anecdotal evidence you should ignore when they step in to refute my statement.

sacko said:
its the motor causing issues.

Impossible except to the extent that wheel size can put it too steeply geared to run that voltage. If the 65 is supposed to mean 65kph on a 48V battery with a 26" wheel, then you'd fall into that category trying to run it at 100V, because it's not going 130kph, not without addressing aerodynamics in a big way.

I am going by the tests Max has run on this motor so far. There are obviously numerous test required still, but the motor is looking to be the culprit.

http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=48207&start=25#p729789

65kph @ 72v

John in CR said:
sacko said:
the controller is fine for 100v 24s lipo,

A widespread misconception that leads to lots of blown controllers, because with any electrical devices it's recommended to stay away from the voltage limits of the components. Just because some people get away with it is only anecdotal evidence you should ignore when they step in to refute my statement.

sacko said:
its the motor causing issues.

Impossible except to the extent that wheel size can put it too steeply geared to run that voltage. If the 65 is supposed to mean 65kph on a 48V battery with a 26" wheel, then you'd fall into that category trying to run it at 100V, because it's not going 130kph, not without addressing aerodynamics in a big way.
I can testify that you need to buy a lot of 18 fet 4110 controllers to end up with one that is reliable at 24s Lipo. Yet, once you got one, it wakes up the beast out of your bike. So far, I have 2 reliable 18 fet 4110 that are pushed very high everyday and both have a lot of mileage. But I have had two dozen that were working only short periods between repairs, most of them I got tired of and gave up after a few fixes. All I can say is: If you run high Amps 24s Lipo with the 18 fet 4110, you need a few backups on the shelves.

hmmm....but what about lyens controller?
he sell it (and tell) that you can go with 24s....

He sells hundreds of Controllers...iam sure that those "special-Controller-buyers" are seeking always the limits
and i dont hear (much) about killed controllers using 24s lipos....

I got my TC65 yesterday. Installed and tested it today. I have a Lyen 18 FET controller with the R115 mod to handle 24S. It does not work. I have the exact same problems described here:

http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=48207&start=25#p729789

I also tried to run a 20S setup. Still the same problem. My LiPo's where charged to around 4.0V so 24S gave me 96V and 20S gave me 80V. I will try a setup at 72V or lower tomorrow to see if/where the jerking/vibrations will disappear.

-- Daniel

Back