CYC Mid-Drive Motor X1 Gen2 - Configuration

Nevin Austin

10 µW
I am working on an eBike build featuring the following components:

• CYC - X1 Gen2 motor
  • Grin - PhaseRunner
  • Grin - Cycle Analyst 3WP
  • Grin - Throttle
Anyone out there have a clue on the configuration set up? Grin does not support this motor. I got the following settings from CYC but Grin tells me it does not sound right - especially the Poles:

150 KV
7 Poles
20 Ohms
22 Uh

I have not been able to get the wheel spinning with these settings! Any suggestions would be much appreciated..

Chris

Poles is how many total magnets there are on the rotor; this is usually an even number. If it needs pole pairs you divide that by two. (for instance, many common DD hubmotors have 46 magnets, or poles, and 23 pole pairs).

kV is how many RPM you get for each volt applied to the motor. Conversely this is how many volts you should read across a pair of phase wires when spinning it at a given RPM. If you have a known speed motor you can use spin this motor with, you can measure the voltage and divide by the RPM to get kV.

The resistance (ohms) and inductance (microhenries) are tough to measure without special equipment for the purpose, but resistance of any pair of phases can be done with a constant current source, measure the current and the voltage across the phases, and Ohm's law has the math to tell you the resistance. I don't know how to get the inductance without the specialized equipment, though.

What does the autotune procedure in the PR determine for any of those numbers?

Do you try emailing ebike.ca Please right back to us and let us know if you got it fixed I have that same setup for The BMC 855 Bluetooth controller and I'm about ready to ditch that controller input anything else on. Good luck.

Back