Cyc x1 pro gen 2 belt drive conversion?

paulstung

100 W
A friend of mine has just had delivered an X1 pro gen 2 and the extra chain makes such a noise, has anyone successfully converted it over to a belt drive only the chainring to motor, I don't think that he would like the idea of cutting his nice new frame for a full belt drive.. 😜Tia guys..

Hi, the same thing happened to me, I bought a cyc x1 pro gen 2 and it made an ugly noise, I thought it was the chain tensioner and in a few months it sounded very, very noisy.I contacted the cyc technicians and they told me it was a bearing, I have not changed it yet.I bought another engine and it also makes an ugly noise like when I bought the first one, I have not changed the bearing yet, when I do I will comment if the noise is gone.

JRR-1 That's a great find. I have a Cyc gen 2 pro and the 885bt has only worked for a short time. And changed to 52v from 72v and think it locked up. Waiting to get new phone before trying to download everything. Looking for a SoCal local for help.

anyone have problems with the chain tensioner that makes a nasty noise?any solution?thanks

I copied Universalus's ideas about the belt drive:

Clipboard01.jpg

It still needs more tinkering and a diet.

I don't understand how the chain tensioner can be noisy other than with faulty bearing. Unless it was assembled wrong and something else than the tensioner wheel is touching the chain.

JRR-1 I am also looking at copying Universalus's Belt Drive system also. I have access to a commercial lathe and have the skill to use it. From what I can get from the posts and the pictures the belt is a HTD 5M-700 with a 20mm Width. The large pulley starts out as a 5M100T-BF - AliExpress 21mm Width. The small gear looks like a 5M20T 21mm Width with a keyway. AliExpress also has these; however, not sure on their keyway dimensions. What did you use for an idler wheel? Universalus has a good sketch on how he made his adjustable idler bracket but not what wheel he used.

Main Question: Did this quiet the motor down? I would hate to spend all the time to make this mod and find out it did not solve the noise issue. I have a Gen 2 CYC X1 Pro and it has brass gears and still very noisy.
Also: Any help on what parts you used for your mod.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-11-26 155650.jpg
    Screenshot 2022-11-26 155650.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 277
Back