CYC X1 Pro Gen 3 With ubox

abhayrjoshi

1 µW
I'm exploring the combination of the CYC Motor X1 Pro Gen 3 and the Ubox V2 100V 200A Dual Motor Controller. I'm currently working on a custom trike setup that requires reverse functionality, and I'm interested in hearing from anyone who has experience with this particular combination. It's worth noting that the motor drive is a BLDC outrunner with a sprag clutch option (no freewheel), which inherently supports the reverse function. The controller board is equipped with a standard 5-pin hall connector and motor phase wires (requiring some wiring). Just wanted to get some advice before I purchase them :)

he system voltage/current is flexible (as per the ratings of the motor) as I have to yet buy a battery pack. I appreciate any insight or feedback you can provide regarding the feasibility of using these components together. Please do let me know if you think any alternative controllers fit better.

Thank you.

Note that a sprag clutch is still a one-way device, just like a freewheel, which will prevent power transfer in the reverse direction if power transfer works in the forward direction. So if you need power to always transfer regardless of motor rotation direction, you'll need to remove the clutch and make a direct connection from motor to drivetrain.

For the trike, do you need independent motor drive for two wheels, using two separate CYC motors, each run by half of the Ubox? If not, you only need a version that has one controller in it, to just run one motor.

As for how much power you'll need to drive the motors, that will depend on the riding conditions and your usage, speed, etc., as well as the drivetrain / gearing from the motors to the wheel, and the wheelsize, etc. You can make some guesstimates about power requirements using the motor simulator at ebikes.ca.

Back