Cyclone 3kW ===> 5kW????

if I drive my cyclone 3kwatt between 28-31 amps @ 36v constantly for say 1hour travelling at around 15-20miles max will it eventually burn out?
Reason why i asked is now i am driving it at that amps draw and after a while i can only hold/touch the motor for a few seconds.
Is this normal?

if I drive my cyclone 3kwatt between 28-31 amps @ 36v constantly for say 1hour travelling at around 15-20miles max will it eventually burn out?
Reason why i asked is now i am driving it at that amps draw and after a while i can only hold/touch the motor for a few seconds.
Is this normal?
You need to run it in a lower gear so it spins faster. It’s producing too much heat at low revs. It doesn’t do well at ‘pedal assist’ speeds. My technique when I used it daily was to drop down a gear, give it a blast while ‘ghost pedalling’ then change up gear, coast/pedal for a bit, then repeat the process.

what if i am pulling 28-30amps from the motor travelling at roughly 20-25 miles per hour constantly will that evenutally cause the motor to burn?

Is the motor designed for that much current, under the load it's powering, at the speed the motor itself is running at?

If not, then it will overheat.

If it is designed for the load and has sufficient airflow it won't overheat.

If it's overheating then you change your gearing from motor to wheel to reduce the load on the motor; it will slow the system down but there will be less heat.

If you require taht speed and regardless of gearing the motor still overheats you need a bigger motor.

To see how these interactions all work I recommend going to the ebikes.ca motor simulator and experimenting with it with different systems and conditions.

I'm currently using a 28T sprocket on the back and the same 28T on the motor. My amps draw on flat terrain is between 28-30 amps. I want to decrease my amps draw on flat terrain to about 20amps max.

What ratio would be best in terms of teeth difference to use. I want to keep the 28T at the motor shaft so what size sprocket should I use at the back? The options at the back are 32,34 and 38.
Which one of these would be best to use at the back to get that 20amps max draw on a flat terrain with good enough torque and a speed on flat terrain at 20-25mph?

Back