Cyclone now have a 20kw kit!?

Sean9002

1 kW
Did anyone see this pop up on the Cyclone site?
Can it possibly be legit!? that is some monster power

120V * 150A = 18,000 electric watts input to the motor. Round up to the nearest tens place on the Kw scale and you might be able to claim 20-Kw by a slight slide of hand.

Doubt you get anything more then 15-Kw peak mechanical output power though and you had better have a heck of good (rear?) dropouts on your frame to take the torque loads off the axle.

If it is legit its an electric motorcycle not an electric bicycle at least in my mind.

Sounds like a heck of a monster size hub motor though (seems to be a hub not a mid drive), especially if it can take those kind of power levels continuously not just for short bursts. I sure hope they are using full motorcycle spec. spokes and rim at those power levels. I'd have serious questions about a bicycle wheel taking those kind of power levels and being operated at those speeds and holding up for long. Sudden catastrophic wheel failure while leaning into a turn at 150-km/h that could hurt !!!

Yah, just pulled up the website itself not just the screen shot provided by the OP and noticed that one myself.

Am I the only one who's knees start knocking at the thought of riding that folder as pictured at a speed of 120-km/h !!! Talk about asking for one heck of a wipe out, just one little thing has to go wrong that over-stresses some critical part of that little folder at that speed and its road rash time.

turbo1889 said:
Yah, just pulled up the website itself not just the screen shot provided by the OP and noticed that one myself.

Am I the only one who's knees start knocking at the thought of riding that folder as pictured at a speed of 120-km/h !!! Talk about asking for one heck of a wipe out, just one little thing has to go wrong that over-stresses some critical part of that little folder at that speed and its road rash time.
it all in the title 14 kw FOLDING bike ,it does not say when lol

So, does anybody have it?

Due to the current cromator shortage I'm considering one.

Some information I got from cyclone guys:

- This spoke motor has internal gearing? regenerative braking?---- no internal gearing is only single speed the motor torque is very high already, no regenerative braking will burn the controller, we can put EBS for you.

- can you inform the torque of this motor? torque 160Nm

- can this 20Kv spoke motor fit a standard 135mm dropout? I wonder because the cyclone bike has a 180mm dropout. ---- No, the 20kw motor dropout is 180mm! but if your frame is cr-mo steel then is possible to make it to 180mm drop out

Probably not in the ebike section, possibly motorbike builds, It would need a large frame the motor is huge. I wouldn't put it on anything short of a light moto frame!

Sean9002 said:
Probably not in the ebike section, possibly motorbike builds, It would need a large frame the motor is huge. I wouldn't put it on anything short of a light moto frame!

I've run 27kw peak for a year and a half on my Cannondale SuperV with a custom extended swingarm without issue. I ran a similar but larger version of the topic motor on the same bike for a few months at 30kw peak input 2 years ago, but once I changed to the much higher efficiency and more silent HubMonster 6 phase motor, I haven't considered running anything else. :mrgreen:

Make the right changes and a bike can be run safely on the street at motorcycle power with the primary advantage being weight savings. When running high power allocating as much vehicle weight to the battery pack as possible is a good goal, because power-to-weight is everything in terms of raw straight line performance, and you'll want as much battery as possible to maximize fun time. :twisted:

John

i have this frame and the rear swing arm is 2.7kg and the triangle dropouts are larger than some motorcycles. it also has bolt holes on the dropouts that support scooter torque arm plates that come with china hub motors. the motor is 8kw continous 20kw peak. frame is avaiiblle in both 150mm and 180mm swingarm width. nice frame for the price and one of the few frames with sliding dropouts with bolt holes that allow scooter torque arms to be used.. frame is 6.7kg total weight. dropouts are 12mm not 10mm

Back