Derby Cycle battery?

duncombemu

1 µW
I've got here a Derby Cycle Werke 36 volt 10.5Ah/378Wh battery.
I've replaced all the cells and put it back together. We have power at the start of the BMS/PCB. But now There is no power at the outlet socket.
Does anyone know if it's because the (smart) BMS has decided to shut down because power has been off, when replacing the cells, like the Bosch batteries do?
I don't know what to do next.
Mark

Attachments

• Keith batery.jpg
    Keith batery.jpg
    202.3 KB · Views: 6
Since the pack has a label on it showing TX and RX on the connection, indicating the BMS already has to talk ot the controller for the system to work, it is likely that this BMS has other "smarts" about it to prevent tampering, etc., to prevent users that don't know what they're doing from damaging it in a way that could lead to a fire.

Unfortunatley it also prevents users that do know what they're doing from repairing it.

If it won't reset by connecting it to the system and attempting a charge, or a system reset, etc., it probably requires factory (or dealer) software / hardware to do this.

Or it may be like the Honda battery in this thread, that actually has a hardware bricking device in it the BMS can blow to prevent usage.

Back