Desperate: Error 30H - Replaced all but the motor!

MelbourneBBS02 said:
Hi Everyone,

I'm at wit's end, having read every piece of information regarding Error 30H on the net and being unsure whether to sell my parts or to sink more money into getting my BBS02 back up to speed.

A few months ago, my display began giving me the ‘Error 30H’ message and then ceased displaying anything at all.

I hopped onto a square curb at relatively low speed, but I got a pinch flat on the rear tyre. I then began experiencing issues with the BBS02.

The BBS02 still functioned, but only when bypassing the display. I thought it was the display which had gone bad, so I replaced this with a DPC-14 model but this didn’t work fix the issue and the display wouldn't stay on unless I held down the power button. .

I then replaced the controller but this did not rectify the issue either.

Lastly, I have replaced the wiring harness but this hasn’t helped either! I am able to program the controller with the programming cable, the device still operates when the display is bypassed. The battery is not old and showing a very healthy 52-57V.

When plugged into power, the display turns on and shows Error 30H, but only if I hold it down. It turns off as soon as I release it. Nothing indicates that the display is communicating with the motor, but sometimes I get weird power output showing (like 3642 watts!) when I activate PAS with the power button held down. I also get a red light on the speedo sensor which turns off when a magnet is held up to it.

Has something come loose in the motor? What should I try next?

Any luck with this issue??
I am having all the same problems.
Received a 30h error and went on to replace all the same parts except the motor itself. I get power to the display only when I hold the power button.
I don't know what else to do
Thanks

Im having the same issue with my bbs02. Got a Error 30H code in the display, checked all cables and still no dice. The only thing that doesnt seem to work is the speed sensor because it isnt flashing red anymore - could this possibly be the problem?

Can you use the motor without the display and just hook up the controller to the motor, and throttle to controller and ride. Having extra features just means there are more failure points, pedal assist and display are extra features that are not needed at all in order to ride. I've only ridden Cyclone that came without that extra jazz.

brone said:
Im having the same issue with my bbs02. Got a Error 30H code in the display, checked all cables and still no dice. The only thing that doesnt seem to work is the speed sensor because it isnt flashing red anymore - could this possibly be the problem?

it's a pain in the ass but a continuirty check on the wiring harness has solved a couple of 30H problems for customers. I think some overtightened zip ties crushed a wire in the harness. Mind a rare one, but I have seen it several times.

[/quote]
it's a pain in the ass but a continuirty check on the wiring harness has solved a couple of 30H problems for customers. I think some overtightened zip ties crushed a wire in the harness. Mind a rare one, but I have seen it several times.
[/quote]

Thats a great troubleshooting tip, but sometimes that test can be a false positive. Imagine you have two wires side by side, and one wire touches (shorts) out to the other (due to insulation damage) so a continuity test would reveal both wires are a-ok, until its plugged in where the power jumps to the other wire causing a fault. 30H fault is very common, its not my war so I never follow the cause. Could be a variety of faults, hall wires. Thats why I like to go with sensorless controllers with my direct drive hubs. It would seem that the 30H fault covers a wide range of possible problems.

Check your HIGO connectors. You might have a bent/destroyed/missing pin. It is easy to bend them by plugging in the wrong ones or the wrong way.

Also do a continuity check.

Back