Did I blow my BBSHD controller?

dhdallas

10 µW
I was out for a ride and my chain was slipping. When I got home and put the bike on the repair stand. I applied the throttle and then also applied some brake pressure in order to put a load on the chain and see if it was really slipping (no more than 10 seconds). The chain slipped a few times and then everything went dead...I mean everything; no display, nothing. I recharged the battery & then everything powered up normally so I ordered a new chain and a new chainring. BUT a few days later, after putting on the new chain ring and chain, I once again have no power, no display, nothing (and the battery is fully charged). I am thinking I blew the contoller when I foolishly applied the braking load for the 10 second interval. I doubt I could have actually burnt out the motor core that quickly. What do you guys think? The bike conversion is less than a year old and gently ridden with no crashes.

I don't use the electric brake cut off function, just my old school V-brakes.
I checked my connections which seem ok and to have a bad connection somewhere at the exact same time I am applying a load to the drive unit when checking the chain seems too much a coincidence??? I hate to buy a new controller, wait for it to come, install it and then still have everything still dead.

picture.php

What voltage do you read on the battery output connection to the bike?

(typically this is different than the charger input, so you can have a battery that charges but wont' run anything because the output fuse b;ew or BMS discharge FETs failed).

Back