Did I kill my controller?

torker

100 kW
Was wrapping up my FSR Comp build today. Got my 6x10 laced to a 20 inch wheel and started wiring things up. No power. Then I noticed that I had not hooked up the small controller power wire so I unhooked the batts to correct that and my controller pos and neg touched causing a spark from the caps being charged. Now It won't work. The motor will cog if I spin it backwards with the controller hooked up. It is smooth once I unhook it. I looked at the controller and cannot see any visible damage. Any ideas for me? Or maybe time to save for a Lyens controller? This really bums me out. I was so close.. :?

I thought I crossed a wire maybe? I decided to open all my connections and check and they were all fine though. I plugged her back in and wam... it works. I have no idea what it was. Unless I have a bad wire somewhere. If I do I am sure it will rear its ugly head again. It is very , very torquey now. :mrgreen: I am going to post some pics and update on my FSR thread.

Things that make you go hmmm !! :? :x :p

Someting else random was going on. I once did a similar thing. Cutting a plug off a controller, I didn't realize the caps were still storing power till I welded a set of wire cutters. The controller was unharmed to my amazement.

Back