Dillenger Conversion Kit | 250w | 36v | 10Ah

Hi folks, new member, first time poster and all that. Recently bought this kit and have been extremely impressed with it so far. I don't have any previous experience with ebikes and have only done about 100km on this one but loving it.

Re removing the 250w restriction, follow the instructions here:

https://damianhodgkiss.com/articles/how-to-unlock-the-speed-limit-on-a-dillenger-electric-bike-kit-bafang-c965/

Mine holds 33km/hr on flat level road without peddling (checked on GPS).

Cheers,

Steve

Just came across this when searching for ebike kits. Very interesting. I'm in the uk and wondered if you have any outlets that hold stock in the uk? Noticed you have a uk website that's all.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Just an update, after about 13 months my battery quickly died and now wont even go 7km. Contacted Dillenger and they didn't want anything to do with me. Won't be buying from them again. Avoid!!!

Scuttlebutt said:
Just an update, after about 13 months my battery quickly died and now wont even go 7km. Contacted Dillenger and they didn't want anything to do with me. Won't be buying from them again. Avoid!!!

Damn, my battery is also dead and I was going to contact them about returning for recycling at least. They are flogging off old stock of the batteries but if they are carking it after 13 months I think I need to get the battery rebuilt by someone with better cells or hook up a controller to a quality dolphin case battery.

Scotty T said:
Scuttlebutt said:

Damn, my battery is also dead and I was going to contact them about returning for recycling at least. They are flogging off old stock of the batteries but if they are carking it after 13 months I think I need to get the battery rebuilt by someone with better cells or hook up a controller to a quality dolphin case battery.

Mine is this battery, not the one in the OP, @Scuttlebutt is this the one you have?

https://dillengerelectricbikes.com.au/collections/batteries/products/36v-8ah-lithium-ion-battery

Hey mate no mine is the one that came with the current kit, 13ah. Just out of warranty and their helpful suggestion was to use a lower setting of pedal assist. What a load of rubbish. They're clearly not interested in standing behind the product they sell.

I pulled the cradle out and checked the cells, only charging to between 3.8 and 3.9v. One cell made it to 4.0v.

Very dissapointing, shame I left them a good review (though I'm sure they don't post bad reviews on their site anyway).

My kit about five years old is on my daughter's cruiser. However, when this battery dies it seems like a simple task to connect the battery wires in the controller (which is in the battery cradle) to an external battery or have the battery rebuilt. Did those with problems contact Sam Sewell at Dillenger or is he no longer associated with them?

Yeah it probably would be simple to use a different battery.

My issue is the battery barely made it out of the warranty period. During that time it had been used for daily commuting, total of 14km per day, recharged each day overnight.

No idea if Sam Sewell is involved. I contacted them via the website and someone named Iris responded and suggested that because I use it on the max pedal assist that has caused it to wear out in such a quick time. If that is the case it is unfit for purpose in my view.

Anyway, suprisingly Iris has just now contacted me asking for a picture of my serial number so I'll see where that goes.

Back