Direct-Drive conversion of the new GNG/cycmotor X1-pro 3000w

He makes it with a variety of tooth counts but then the disk gets huge.
Perhaps he'd do one with 219 chain and a bit more sprocket offset?

The crossbreak adaptor is much more visually appealing.

Those ones on ebay are very tight together which is why they have the jumbo brake discs.
Enough offset to make the caliper fit beside the sprocket is important I think.
But I also have a 150mm rear and Saint caliper which is fairly low profile.

either axial or radial offset. I chose radial, otherwise the chain would have interfered with the frame. I am stuck with 36T bycicle chain though, larger diameter would not fit togehter with a 203mm brake disc.

file.php

What's your chainline?
This ebay adapter sprocket won't fit to X1 motor due to wrong chainline, as for my frame.

crossbreak said:
Hi,

the X1 should be shipped out in mid December according to Jon from cycmotor. So far we know that the motor should run at around 9000 rpm loaded with a 20s battery (the motor is ~150KV, 20s is the max voltage the controller can take) and comes with a 1:6 planetary gear reduction.

The total reduction for driving the cranks is 36:1, so the cranks spin at roughly 250rpm, which is a lot. Tells me that this drive is predestined as a (dual) chain drive direct to the wheel (dual since there is 1 chain for pedaling and 1 chain for the motor). I aim for about 60kph with 26" tires so i'll try a 3:1 reduction from planetary output to the wheel, a total of 18:1 from motor to the wheel.

I want to use a left hand drive with a 36T MTB chainwheel (104mm BCD x4) on the wheel and a 12T sprocket on the planetary output, according to my calcs this chain drive should hold up well but still keeps a low profile, as the 36T chainwheel is smaller then the 203mm brake disc that is left to it. A protection disc between brake disc and chainwheel protects the disc from chain oil spray and a cover on the front sprocket will further mask the chain drive.

The chainwheel will be mounted to an adapter that is bolted to the brake disc flange of the wheel hub, a custom 104mm BCD brake disc is also mounted to the same adapter plate. I am going to laser cut the sprocket, disc and disc adapter from 1.4571 steel, so anyone who wants those custom parts is welcome to PM me - the more we cut, the cheaper it gets.

Attached a pic of an adapter that i have at hand, but there is more to come. Any comments, ideas or contributions are welcome!

Edit: This is a modification to the X1 Pro Gear Type Drive with the shorter housing (opposed to the longer #219 chain type drive) . I bought it since it has the freewheel in the planetary drive freewheeling in the right direction. "Drum" argumented that this freewheel should be a sprag type clutch, which can be turned around without much hassle. So this mod might be done with his proposal with the chain drive model as well https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=95704&start=75#p1426073

You are finish ?

Back