• Howdy! we're looking for donations to finish custom knowledgebase software for this forum. Please see our Funding drive thread

Disc brake mounting problem q100h

presturtle

10 mW
So I tried to mount my stock disc brake onto my new q100h, and after screwing the 6 bolts in, the motor wont move. I take if off, and it works perfectly. Is it possible that the stock screws are too long and are digging in too far into the hub motor and causing it to not move? Anyone else have this problem, I haven't had much time to troubleshoot, but I will later today after work.

Thanks!

presturtle said:
Is it possible that the stock screws are too long and are digging in too far into the hub motor and causing it to not move?

Yes, are you using the bolts that came with the motor?

None came with the motor from what I could tell, I was just using the stock ones from my old wheel. I ordered the motor from BMS battery, do they normally ship them?

Disc brake screws are of two standard length. You will find the short ones at a local bike shop.

Think any damage was done by screwing the long ones in all the way? Required a decent amount of force to get them to screw in, and now looking through the disc mount holes on the motor I can see 6 holes that I probably caused.

presturtle said:
None came with the motor from what I could tell, I was just using the stock ones from my old wheel. I ordered the motor from BMS battery, do they normally ship them?

As far as I know, yes. There wasn't a little bag with axle nuts, washers and disc bolts?

Well if not, you'll probably need to hack down some bolts to the appropriate length, unless you can find them in the correct length.

Here is a lesson from charlie brown to brighten your day.
[youtube]RW4Gg08GGFw[/youtube]

The total bolt length is about 8.5mm and it looks like the length of the threads is somewhere between 5.5mm and 6mm.

http://imgur.com/nUcD1nJ

presturtle said:
Think any damage was done by screwing the long ones in all the way? Required a decent amount of force to get them to screw in, and now looking through the disc mount holes on the motor I can see 6 holes that I probably caused.
No, the 6 holes were already there. It is the back of the clutch, which is thick metal.
Sorry to hear about the missing disc mount screws, they should have been in the motor with plastic washers.
Like it was said above, bike shop.
If you can't find them, a couple of correct size washers(metric) under your screws will work, but make sure they don't stick out and hit on the fork.

Back