Display problem??

2nd2none

1 mW
Hi all,

I have an ebike running a Bafang 250w motor, DMHC TC480 controller and dmhc display. For some reason the display battery indicator is blinking on one bar and the bike does not function. I've swapped out the controller and battery and still no luck. I know the motor works as I've connected it to another ebike and the battery is reading 41v.

Problem is I'm unable to easily source another DMHC TC480 display locally in Australia. I know it uses UART comms protocol with 6 pins. If I find another UART 6pin display will it be interchangeable? Can you brick/destroy displays by plugging them into an in-compatible controller?

Else does anyone know why I'm getting this behaviour with the DMHC TC480 display?

Thanks all

Is that this system?
https://www.manualslib.com/manual/1421705/Dmhc-Tc480.html
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005002743037648.html

Does any of the other data fail to display, as well as the battery level? If so, it is probably a communication problem between controller and display, and the most common failure is the connector between them either not being fully seated, or having a contact failure; spread pins, misaligned pins, water ingress / corrosion, broken wire in the cable leading to the connector (or the display or controller housings), etc.

THe only one of those you can easily do something about is seating; unplug and replug the connector, ensuring it is *fully* seated, if it is a Higo/Julet type they're pretty hard to unplug or plug in fully.

Compatibility: there's no standards for the communication protocols, and even within brands they change firmware from time to time, so even the same connector, wiring and even *brand* does not guarantee compatibility. As long as the wiring is identical (not just the same plug, but actually the same signals/voltages on each pin), and voltages are compatible, nothing should be damaged by trying, but it may still not work.

Haven't heard of bricking due to comm incompatibility but if it sells more parts someone probably will do it if they haven't already started. ;)

Hi there,

yep, that's the display i have. The other data is there and when I swapped over the controller I did check the connections. I also plugged the display directly into the controller bypassing the extension splitter cable, same problem.

Back