DIY electric Datsun does quarter mile in 10 seconds

I don't think anyone else here has taken their bike to the drag strip Doc! You are the only record holder as far as that goes I believe. I don't even know if they would allow an electric bike on the raceways here in Oregon...I've never heard of it anyways. I am a bit under-powered to be hitting the drag strip just yet, but I probably will upgrade to a Turnigy 170kV motor and a Lyen controller. I don't know that my frame is up for the challenge of 60 mph...but I think it would be ok at 40-50. It's no-suspension...so I have to watch it.

I think I am going up to watch the White Zombie run next month, NEDRA is having World Challenge Nationals on Sept. 10 and 11 at the Portland International Raceway. I'm kind of assuming that Wayland will be there with his rippa.

Doctorbass said:
deronmoped said:
Someone should start a E-bike drag racing series. I bet you could get some pretty wild builds. Now of course you would want to limit it, or else people would just end up building drag racing motor cycles eventually.

You could just have classes, 35# for the kids, 50# for the amateur class and 75# for the unlimited. Then of course you could have the cheap class, lead acid only with weight limits too.

Deron.

Am i the only Electric bicycle drag racing Pioneer :?:

http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=20592

I did on the high 19 sec last night at 61mph.
file.php

Doc

Is that motor power only, or did you pedal too?

You could probably beat some production cars, like an old diesel Peugeot. :D

Deron.

Doctorbass said:
Am i the only Electric bicycle drag racing Pioneer :?:

Nope, i have seen another e-bike actually e-trike with an e-tek on the forum
doing 1/4mile passes...IIRC they were quicker than 19 seconds and over 100km/hr eta
I will be running mine on 1/4 mile when season starts up again after winter (if
i can convince the officials
) 35kilo bike rewound HXT fitted to 2 speed
box should get me some scary times....if i can of course get a controller to
work long enough...LoL ever seen a e-bike with wheelie bars Doc?
venture into the non frock section of ES in a few months and you will LoL

KiM

AJ seeing that you live in west aus would that dragstrip be the motorplex if so I'd like to be there. not to compete but to spectate, go the jester a wheelie bar'd e bike sounds cool

dingotookmybaby said:
AJ seeing that you live in west aus would that dragstrip be the motorplex if so I'd like to be there. not to compete but to spectate, go the jester a wheelie bar'd e bike sounds cool

Certainly will be mate, i am there alot during the season spectating myself, ne and a couple of the mates are avid race goers haha...I have approached both members of the motorplex staff they were fine with me running, but Trouble is when i went to see the scrutineers for ANDRA who you have to satisfy before running, had no clue that there was even an electrical vehicle section in the ANDRA rule book i had to explain to him there was, he suggested i contact the head office in the east for list of the rules, a list i already have already downloaded off the net printed out and read, incedently none of the bikes here would be allowed to run if the rules applied for electric motorcycles in the rules are used for the e-bicycle...Drags is in shut down till Septmeber shall take the bike down next time so they can see exactly what i am wanting to run. Failing this, i know of a couple of 1/4mile runs marked out on roads in the metro area, no electronic timing obviously but can get a rough idea how the bike performs. Keep an eye on my worklog around September ill update ANDRAS ruling on the bike running then.

Question for Luke...whats the chances someone else can do the burnout and i jump out of my wheelchair onto the bike after the smoke show Luke? i know its unusual request but i can't do a burnout on a bike any more Luke :-( I also know its pretty pointless for an e-bike but can't be disappointing the crowd can we hahaha

KiM

p.s I plan to run it om Wednesday night too hope you can make it then? its run-what-you-brung night known as Whoop-ass-Wednesdays, if its licensed and road legal you pay ~15 bucks and you can run

Yeah.. I already watched his video ( the trike)

Impressive!.. but it’s not a bicycle!.. anyway.. I’ll beat him !

I just need more amp out of a controller that don’t explode once he see a 5303 connected to it !!

Amps ARE what is limiting my speed… I was driving 99A continuous on the CA at max speed at 93V

I switched to High shunt mode on the CA last week and I was hitting 120 to 150A but the controller blown before I could test the max speed !.. ( I was passing a civic at 90km/h and it blown a 5th time! )

Doc

AussieJester said:
Keep an eye on my worklog around September ill update ANDRAS ruling on the bike running then.

I will if I could find it, don't know about this wed but as long as I can keep an eye on when and stuff, the last time I was there was to see my bro in laws mate with a 10 second xr6 but he didn't show, but still good stuff, look forward to seeing you race

one day I'd like to put my eh to the test but its still in bits

Wont be 'this' Wednesday buddy, Motorplex is closed til September ...shuts down over winter months mo racing at all there.

dingotookmybaby said:
I will if I could find it,

Custom Build... 2 Speed RC Motored e-Cruiser Its in the non frock section, i understand frock owners have trouble finding that section of the forum, the mail is most don't even know it exists it :mrgreen:

KiM

Thought I would share my recent experience going an watching this guy race last weekend. First time I had ever been to a drag strip...but man what a blast! :D I got to see two Teslas duke it out, some old custom green dragster with two GE motors in it, the electric pinto (search youtube), and a number of other EVs from all over the west. I think there were three teslas there in all...

Anyways this was the highlight: I got there late and asked around to see what the Zombie had been running that evening. Run 1 was 14s, and 2 was about 11-something. I got to watch run 3, which was about 10.8 I think, and then this happened on run 4:

[youtube]zLjnRj2Dhwk[/youtube]

This was a world record as far as I know, no street legal electric car has ever hit over 125mph in the 1/4 mile.

I will get around to uploading some of my photos of the engine bay. This was a NEDRA event, so a lot of electric cars showed up. There was even an electric civic there but I didn't get to see it run.

New video showing the Zombie in the 10.2 sec !!!

( found o the channel of RevoltEV)

[youtube]zVurxiR5n0c[/youtube]

Doc

Nice, he must have had an even better night on Saturday... beat his 10.4 record! Thanks Doc!

[youtube]NqTY9y3cECI[/youtube]

I really needs a wheelie bar soon. :D

http://www.plasmaboyracing.com/blog/

Back