DIY front fork for 2wd scooter/ drift trike.

Ianhill

1 MW
Edit
This fork and frame could equally be cut up and mount a 148mm hub from qs motor to make a sweet 4kw drift trike, torque arm will have to be added to the fork but it's beefy enough to take it got the option of mounting from a 20 to 26 inch rim and shortening the leg if needed while incorporating the torque arm with stainless to alu bolted joint simular to the drawing below.
_IMG_000000_000000.jpg

After doing some research on the differing standards for mountain bikes and stunt/dirt scooters I've come to conclusion that a solid front end could be made from combining the best of the two to make a custom fork from easily obtainable parts to mount a dualtron hub.

Handlebars:- SCS oversize cromoly/titanium

Clamp:- scs 8mm clamp bolts 7075 alu

Headtube:- Salvage a tapered headtube with internal bearing cups from an aluminium mountain bike and the matching headset

Fork:- Fatbike aluminium 150mm dropout tapered steerer fork that needs to be shortened, blocks welded to the bottom to form a dropout clamp to hold the hub, A stainless sandwich plate will bolt to the bottom of the dropout to hold the hub axle and spread the load preventing the hub digging into the alu overtime + weld a disc mount back on.

That's it you have a front end that's got some beef combined with the rear hub and 20s Lipo you could easily get 70mph.

Lots of work to make something worse than a single rear hub drive. You can already do 70+ mph on a single motor.

flat tire said:
Lots of work to make something worse than a single rear hub drive. You can already do 70+ mph on a single motor.

It's as hard as you make it the motors are cheap on aliexpress reliable proven and the bike/scooter parts are too so why go against the grain ? I see it as cutting many a corner in fabricating to have a complete front end within an hour or 2 no messing about starting from scratch and the parts are plentiful so it's not cost heavy and the final product is light.

One could use a single lynch motor on a 10 inch wheel run it 92v 20kw and get close on 100mph but it won't be lightweight and the parts needed will increase the total weight drastically this is about a powerful build that don't break the bank and your back if you lift it.

100% it works !
_IMG_000000_000000.jpg
Measured the wheel and it drops in nice, the frame is brand new but has a big shipping dent in the top tube that's not gonna effect my build so I got it dirt cheap, the fork was a little harder to get at a fair price all in all I've not paid 3 figures for the frame and forks plus I have a integrated headset that's worth £55 on it's own and I've put a new seat and handlebars on my old peddle bike thanks to the frames spares.

Back