DIY Quadricycle ideas - 100 V controllers?

jonescg

100 MW
Hi all,
some of my students are looking into building an electric quadricycle and I've told them I'll provide a battery (I've got a 6 kWh, 88 V nominal 24s pack which weighs 33 kg - from the Prelude project).
Are 100 V controllers common enough? I might get a couple of 1000 W hub motors and drive them independently so we don't need a diff.
Seen some pretty wild builds on YouTube, so there's no shortage of ideas. The initial challenge was a solar car, but just getting the car built will be a challenge.

Are 100 V controllers common enough? I might get a couple of 1000 W hub motors and drive them independently so we don't need a diff.
Seen some pretty wild builds on YouTube, so there's no shortage of ideas. The initial challenge was a solar car, but just getting the car built will be a challenge.

I'm planning to eventually upgrade to one.

I'm planning to eventually upgrade to one.
That's pretty cool. The trouble we'll have with this as a solar car is the voltage mismatch between panel and battery. I really doubt they'll be able to fit much more than about 360 W worth of PV (so, one panel) meaning a 48 V battery is more likely to work out.
Just trying to make the most of what we have lying around.

Trampa board has 100V VESC
Also as j bjork say fardriver
Ebikes phaserunner peak @100V
Trampa board coming out with a 100V/40KW+ VESC unit per their website

Last edited:
Back