Does he raise the watts or only change the cables?

Cyclomania

10 kW
So I watched a video where the guy says he upgrades the power of his ebike.

But I am not sure if he ups the wattage on the actual motor? To me it seems like he changes the phase wires or something like that.

In that case, would that be doable with any rear hub basically? Or how does that work?

Just get thicker wires to pull more current through to the motor?

The video was this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFe5RWUjPfs

He added a second battery mount to run two battery's and upgraded his motor wires to handle the amps and duration.

by E-driver_ » Dec 11 2022 3:22pm

So I watched a video where the guy says he upgrades the power of his ebike.

But I am not sure if he ups the wattage on the actual motor? To me it seems like he changes the phase wires or something like that.

In that case, would that be doable with any rear hub basically? Or how does that work?

Just get thicker wires to pull more current through to the motor?

The video was this one:

If the phase wires were originally 18 gauge like he said, then going to 14 gauge makes sense, just to keep the wires from heating up.

spinningmagnets said:
If he didnt change the controller, he must run the same voltage, sooo...the second battery is in parallel, and only provides more amps.

He already has controller to provide enough amps but need battery capacity for Offroad range. As he describes Offroad means much higher power consumption or amp draw. Higher amp draw requires higher gauge phase wires.

Back