Dual chain/drive lightweight mid drive - advice needed.

rnt78

1 µW
I would like to build a full suspension mtb, with a dual chain system, one for the motor & a traditional geared cassette for pedalling - such that the cassette is not worn to bits & I can make the motor drive more durable.

I would also like it to be (relatively) lightweight.

Look at LMX-64 for some reference.
https://lmxbikes.com/en/all-terrain-emtbs/245-240-lmx64-enduro-emtb.html#/2-size-m/10-color-red

I had originally intended to just import a frame for the bafang g510, but since doing research I have discovered that there are lightweight mid drives, using motors such as the astro-flight motors.

However, I have no idea how to build a dual chain system.
Also, I am not even sure where to source parts, i.e. the motor kit, wheels compatible for dual chain drive, xl chainring etc.

I have looked on here and can only find talk of dual-chain setups, I haven't found any tutorials or advice.

I'm not even sure on the frame. I do think though I have more options with something like the astro motors as opposed to the g510. But then I am not sure on what frame is durable or will fit the battery. Again, even if it meets the prior, the wheels/hubs likely won't be compatible, and I will want to change the brakes to 203mm, so it's going to be cheaper to find just a frame. But I still do not know which frame to choose, or where to source it. Most frame-only by known brands are not cheap, and I am not sure of suitable frames from other sources.

If anybody can please point me in the right direction, it would be much appreciated.

Cheers in advance.

Back