dual cyclone build + problems

gwhy! said:
dustyearlobe said:
Do you use a normal controler with these or the rc controllers ?ive got an rc plane and if i remmember the start speed is high from the start

I use normal e-bike brushless sensored controllers, the motors have to have hall sensors fitted so you get very good start torque from zero rpm, the controllers are modified to allow more power but other than that they are standard

have you got any pics/info on how to add halls? sounds like 2 of em makes a nice compact drive! any more vids?

sn0wchyld said:
gwhy! said:
dustyearlobe said:
Do you use a normal controler with these or the rc controllers ?ive got an rc plane and if i remmember the start speed is high from the start

I use normal e-bike brushless sensored controllers, the motors have to have hall sensors fitted so you get very good start torque from zero rpm, the controllers are modified to allow more power but other than that they are standard

have you got any pics/info on how to add halls? sounds like 2 of em makes a nice compact drive! any more vids?

hall sensor fitted.jpg

The white device around the motor are the hall sensors. Yes 2 of them makes a very nice compact 8kw+ drive I dont have anymore video yet but I hope to get some soon.

View attachment 1Finnaly got my new controler and switches and its all to gether now also fitted speddo max so far is 42 but seems to be getting slower as today could only get 38 no wind but i did notice that one gear box has got shaft play so new bearing are in order i think its a year old so fare play to that .did a couple of 3ft drop offs to flat today of a loading ramp and riped up some woodland tracks but got my record button on phone mixed up so didnt rec :oops: didnt even feel the landings which was cool ,ganna be building another bike shortly with idontwanttopeddle all the planning is going well so will start new thread when we get started it will have same frame but with two speed box and 80/100 rc with halls in the same space as the cyclones running on lipos ,weve already offered up the lipos 6s and 7s 8000mah will fit 12 ofthem easy in the tank with room to spare for wiring so should be a beast when finnished.
As for my bike im loving the lo end power front wheel is light dosnt mind wet ploughed feilds atall and im getting about 12miles from my 16amp headway pack (does anyone know were i can get some more 16amp cells from everyone selling 15amp cells )i can build some more frames if anyone is interested cyclone rc and hub cost will be somwere near 700photo (1).JPG

Subscribed. Matt has been raving about your fabrication skills. I can see why!
He has my giant dh comp / 3220 setup so when that gets up and running I hope you will be a RC convert!
Is it possible to weld to the giant frame to customise it? Could put a motor cover on it

cant wait to see it running ,almost finished the new rc frame plans for matt ,still undesided on being converted ,and realy wish i was in dryer climates this weather sucks bigtime

Hi ,no its single 80/100 with two speed box and halls (idontwantopedal)will be starting build thread soon as we are now cutting parts (at last)as soon as it starts i,ll put link on so peps can follow it ,fingers crossed should be cool :twisted:

just weighed my bike incl the headway pack 94 lb total i could probable get this under 80 nearer 70 if i changed to lighter forks rear hub and went to lipos 24"wheels but dont think it all that bad and realy dont notice it when riding

changing the bike around abit putting 24" wheels on putting controlers inside frame and turning to lipos post pics when done

Just wiped out in feilds 35mph so glad i was wearing full face helmat gotta nice head slap (there he was racing down the huge tractor ruts the bike feeling great absorbing all dips and bumps along comes a nice rise in the rut ,what else 8) could he do but get some air ,,,opps to much cant land in the rut just against the side )just another page from that great erotic book 50 shades of ebiking .
ganna post so pics of the bike later with the new wheels

EvoBikeShop said:
Very nice build.
thanx im loving my new tyres and wheels apart from the colour will prob paint the front white but i cant complain as they where last of a batch for only £30 each built ,
and the tyres where only £26 a pair ,also made the controler box on the underside into storage for little tool kit /puncture outfit ,now just sorting out the batterys starting with 24ah 44v lipo and hope to have 40ah when im done for some long track days ,looks like you could fit a fare few packs in your build ?

Glad to hear you loving the ride. I wish I had the skills and tools to build my own frame. I could probably fit 10s4p of zippys but Im just not ready to make the jump to hobby batteries. I like the fact that i have a compact charging system. With zippys there is too much stuff to carry around to be able to charge it outside of home. Please correct me if I'm wrong and there is an easier solution. I will probably just add another bamboo pack so i will have 36v, upgrade to a tncsooters 24v 26a motor (mine is 16a) and 36v controller with low voltage protection. Thats if i stay with this frame. The mongoose bike may be put on hold for a bit though. I want to build up one of the carbon bamboo bikes I have for sale. Basicly turn it into a high speed low weight road bike. The mongoose will eventually get done and be a nice DH style bike. Won't be as nice or as powerful as your bike, but I think i will be happy with it.

EBS

EvoBikeShop said:
Glad to hear you loving the ride. I wish I had the skills and tools to build my own frame. I could probably fit 10s4p of zippys but Im just not ready to make the jump to hobby batteries. I like the fact that i have a compact charging system. With zippys there is too much stuff to carry around to be able to charge it outside of home. Please correct me if I'm wrong and there is an easier solution. I will probably just add another bamboo pack so i will have 36v, upgrade to a tncsooters 24v 26a motor (mine is 16a) and 36v controller with low voltage protection. Thats if i stay with this frame. The mongoose bike may be put on hold for a bit though. I want to build up one of the carbon bamboo bikes I have for sale. Basicly turn it into a high speed low weight road bike. The mongoose will eventually get done and be a nice DH style bike. Won't be as nice or as powerful as your bike, but I think i will be happy with it.

EBS
yer thanx im loving the look of your bike also ,had alook to see if any were in the uk but dosnt look like they made it to these shores ,were do you normal ride and hows the weather ,its realy crappy in uk if its not snowing it raining at mo so realy looking forward to the summer so can get the ebike fever calmed

dustyearlobe said:
EvoBikeShop said:

EBS
yer thanx im loving the look of your bike also ,had alook to see if any were in the uk but dosnt look like they made it to these shores ,were do you normal ride and hows the weather ,its realy crappy in uk if its not snowing it raining at mo so realy looking forward to the summer so can get the ebike fever calmed

Oh no, they made it to the eu. They just were sold only as 250w, in 16" and 20". Only our 16" is 250w, the 20" is 450w. Keep looking you may find one. Im not sure under what name they were sold in the uk though.

EBS

Oh i forgot to say thank you. And the weather here isnt too bad. Usually on avarage we get 1 day of rain a week. But most of the time its great riding weather. I grew up in pennsylvania and it would snow up to 6 months a year. So I know what its like to live in an area that has crappy weather. But when i did live there i would ride my street legal cr250 all year round. :shock: I hope you can get out and ride in some good weather soon.

EBS

Back