E Dirtbike battery

@HK12K yeah thats what I figured. I'd prefer the highest AH pack I can get. I'm def going to be riding it pretty good so I want like a 40ah pack i'm thinking. I wouldn't even know where to start with a EV battery since this is my first build, i'm just going to try and keep it simple.

@John61ct i'll probably just go with 4x 5s packs since that seems to be what everyone runs to keep it simple.

Just have to figure out what motor/controller i'm going to run now :]

Its great that you want a more powerful motor, the mxus 3000w is good, the 5000w has a wider axle flats. The QS motors are good too, QS273H or QS205H are good and powerful.

Unit Pack Power makes good battery packs.

ProtoFTW said:
I cancelled my Qs 138 motor order lol, I wanted to go with something more powerful.

Now I don't know if I want the Motenergy ME1115 its supposed to be rated for 12kw-30kw Or if I should go with the 10kw goldenmotor? I'm not really sure what i'm looking at when it comes to motors besides the weight, volts, and peaks tbh.

I found a way to get a BAC8000 for $800, might just go ahead and order it, as long as its a 72v motor it will be compatible right?
Any help is appreciated

Building on a YZ 250 with 2k budget, you will end up with very poor performance. If I was building on an MX racing bike, I would spend much more than that on lipo batteries alone.

A final electric build that would be competitive with a 2 stroke gasser YZ 250 on a race track, would cost at least 10k if you are doing all the work by yourself.

MadRhino said:
Building on a YZ 250 with 2k budget, you will end up with very poor performance. If I was building on an MX racing bike, I would spend much more than that on lipo batteries alone.

A final electric build that would be competitive with a 2 stroke gasser YZ 250 on a race track, would cost at least 10k if you are doing all the work by yourself.

I said my budget was roughly 2k, I know realistically it'll be around 2500-3k, we will see :]

Back