• Howdy! we're looking for donations to finish custom knowledgebase software for this forum. Please see our Funding drive thread

E-S Phasor Electric Bike Owners

well went for ride tonight died after 4 miles only doing 25 mph..battery says "9-20-12 9.6 AH" only 70 charges on battery hooked up charger has three sections two are green one is red will not charge ...is that normal for a battery to die after 2 years and 80 charges?

ps..think I found the problem..one of the many connectors came loose from battery1

Glad to see some activity back here. I recently learned to always check the connectors first before each ride. Had the Bomber out the other day and got this really weird stuttering, then it would disappear, and return. Kept doing this. Turned out to be my halls sensor wire connector. After I reinstalled the rear wheel with a new tire to try, I plugged it in, but I didn't ensure that the connecting had locked in place. So what I think was happening was when I went down the road, it was shaking intermittently and cutting out and then as I slowed or the road smoothed out, it contacted again. Stupid mistake on my part, I will never do that again.

Rick

was thinking of the new bike by HPS....they still have a few bugs to be worked out but looks like it will be about 75 pounds with 15 AH 100 VOLTS and specially built crystalyte 4085 motor with schlumph included....NICE!....looks like they borrowed a few of my ideas.....was thinking if I put my shinko tires/pro wheel rims on that bike it would be about 85 pounds a perfect compromise of weight,range,and speed....really love my bike the way it handles but it will be close to 100 pounds by the time I add 15-20 AH of battery....might sell mine to finance a lighter bike not sure

I think you might be worried just a bit to much on weight. Unless your planning a big jump I think your probably OK. If your going up stairs just walk it up with the motor on....assuming it's not over 4 miles of them, you might be in trouble then!

Other than the obvious of your bike looking absolutely perfect minus the battery it appears you have all the bugs worked out.

Tom

litespeed said:
I think you might be worried just a bit to much on weight. Unless your planning a big jump I think your probably OK. If your going up stairs just walk it up with the motor on....assuming it's not over 4 miles of them, you might be in trouble then!

Other than the obvious of your bike looking absolutely perfect minus the battery it appears you have all the bugs worked out.

Tom

+1 for what Tom said. Yah, unless for some reason the new HPC handles much better because of geometry differences, I don't think the money you would need to spend between selling yours and a new build would be worth it. Of course I haven't ever ridden a Phasor or the new HPC, so I can only speculate.

Rick

My take on it is you should just have two ebikes if you want one that is particularly light.

Our hobby is really not that expensive when you compare it to other hobbies like sports cars.

I am with litespeed on that weight is not that much of an issue. Unless you need to lift the bike up to place it in a car or something like that then weight is a non-issue as you just roll the bike where you want. If your having any issues with range on your phasor then I wouldn't consider something like the HPC Revolution as there Is hardly any room for batteries.

well not sure what I will do but its more than just weight:...its 100 volt system,special motor made to run at higher voltages,they have 12 volt ports for accessories lots of reasons would just buy another one IF I had the money

Hello everyone, over the last fewweek I got several PMs from folks wanting to know if a 19MC rim would be Okay to run with a 24MTB on the front or a 26MTB on the front. Here are couple of pics of the 2.75 x19 Shinko SR241 on a Prowheel racing yamaha Play bike 19x1.4 rim next to a 24 MTB with a 24x3 Duro Razorback. The naked eye can't tell the difference, it takes a tape meausre and a keen eye for level to know that the 2.75x19 SR241 is only 1/3" (8mm) smaller diameter than the Duro Razorback. In these pics, the tires are actually identical because I have about 1500 miles on the Razorback. Sorry for the low quality pics, its my cell phone. Cross posted on other threads.

Rick

Attachments

• 1a.png
    1a.png
    127.6 KB · Views: 3,339
So its been raining or snowing the past 6 days. i finally got out, but the ground was moist and cold and covered in leafs. As you could imagine, it was treacherous. But it was still fun.
In the first vid, i am riding a fallen tree and jump off the tree onto a root covered in leafs. I landed clean and straight, but the second i hit the break and turned to avoid the tree, it literally sweeps the bike out from under me. it was just too slippery. GPS went flying into the woods. Front rim is bent. And the handle bars were twisted pretty bad. Good thing i carry allen keys on me at all times. fixed the handlebars, found the gps and kept riding, even with the wobble. (wobble is very noticable in the 4th video)
In the 2nd vid im hitting a few small jumps. Big enough that i got some air though.
3rd vid is me doing 51MPH on police radar going uphill.
4th vis is me leaving the trails. I get onto the road and a deer jumps out at the end! i chase it for 2 seconds.

All vids are raw footage, not sped up or slowed down. No music. So kinda boring. But hey, i did consume 14.5AH in 18 miles... heheh 8)

Here i am crashing (at the end). good times
[youtube]XSOjuchZ2M0[/youtube]

Hitting 3 semi small jumps.
[youtube]cXidGBlj2bU[/youtube]

51MPH on police radar going uphill with a 75% discharged battery.
[youtube]i4lx7aOldwM[/youtube]

Im leaving the trails and getting on the road. Doing 45-50mph. At the end you see the deer jumps out and i chase it. lol
[youtube]TkxV4uAEwjY[/youtube]

Deutch, glad you got the vids sorted and down loaded, great stuff. I cant remember, but what are you running for a hub motor and voltage? Very quick whatever it is. Really enjoyed the vids. Thanks for taking the time and putting them on.

Rick

Rix said:
Deutch, glad you got the vids sorted and down loaded, great stuff. I cant remember, but what are you running for a hub motor and voltage? Very quick whatever it is. Really enjoyed the vids. Thanks for taking the time and putting them on.

Rick

its a 5403 @ 100v80amps 20ah pack LiPo

well...I THOUGHT I had fixed problem....NOW motor goes backward....thought maybe I put 2 pin connector backwards BUT it can only go one way....so to review:

motor shut completely off

I saw 2 pin connector had disconnected,reconnected it

now motor runs backward

any suggestions?????

tried switching leads to motor now it works!...anybody know what caused this???

well took bike out it died AGAIN!!!..DISPLAY WAS BLANK....plugged charger in then everything is ok WTF???

korpin said:
well...I THOUGHT I had fixed problem....NOW motor goes backward....thought maybe I put 2 pin connector backwards BUT it can only go one way....so to review:

motor shut completely off

I saw 2 pin connector had disconnected,reconnected it

now motor runs backward

any suggestions?????

tried switching leads to motor now it works!...anybody know what caused this???

well took bike out it died AGAIN!!!..DISPLAY WAS BLANK....plugged charger in then everything is ok
WTF???

The last part actually sounds like symptoms of BMS tripping. If it wasn't for the motor running backwards and you playing musical connections before to fix that, I would say that could be the problem, but I don't know. Which CA version are you running? I know some guys were having trouble with the 2.3 and went back to the 2.25 and solved their problems with the HPC LI Ion battery. Still doesn't explain why your motor ran backwards though. That's doesn't sound right at all. So clarify, your 2 pin connector, (is that your sensor wires) was unconnected. You plugged that back in and your motor ran backwards, so you changed your Phase wire connection with your controller and your motor worked normal until it completely shut down? Then after you plug the charger in, everything is okay? If everything is okay, are the symptoms repeating itself each time you run your Phasor after charging? Sorry for the specifics, I don't have a clue what your problem is, I am breaking down the questions as an opportunity or me to learn something here because someone will know what's going on and how to fix this.

Rick

I guess that two pin connector was reverse mode OOPS!...disconnected it,put motor leads back the way they were...guys at HPC told me to check individual battery voltage....got 0 at charge port on one of the packs traced it back to connector at battery was NOT fully connected.....what I did not know is when it is not connected,you get a green light on charger for that pack!

so I have been running around with only 2 out of my 3 packs charged will see what happens now

the components on this bike seem fine EVERY single problem I have had on this bike has been related to wiring...I have melted leads TO and INSIDE motor twice,the connectors in controller once,and now this

HPC redid controller/motor connections those are solid now looks like I need a better wiring harness for batteries will do when I upgrade to more AH/maybe more volts too

I am their first customer for this type of bike so I guess I was their Guinea pig....hopefully their new bikes will have the upgrades they learned from me

charged it up got 100.5 volts...think it was 101 or 101.5 when it was new about 2 years and 75 charges ago

turns out I only have a 9.6 AH battery anyway so that explains lack of range at 35-45 mph!

charged voltage:

discharged voltage:

does that sound correct?...or is the 40 volt pack depleting too much????

wingsuit said:
Went to buy some prowheel rims today (black) only to find them not currently avail. :(

Wingsuit, I spoke with Gary (Owner of Prowheel Racing) over the phone, he said he would be getting some black 19x1.4 Yamaha Playbike rims in Feb 2014 if you can wait don't want to settle for silver. The black rims sell out every year in this size. Usually by the beginning of September. Just a FYI.

Rick

thanks Rick, I think I'll wait then. I've got an idea in my mind of what this thing will look like, and seeing as I likely wont be able to afford the battery till then anyway I'm not in a rush. Just bought a headset and I've got a fox 40 to sick on the front (just need a shop to press in the headset.

slowly accumulating parts. Picked up a fox rc4 for the rear (just need reducer spacers so I can mount it)

This is my other bike for next season (I'm stealing the fox 40 off this for my phasor as I got the new float 40 for my dh bike)

danstrek2.jpg

korpin said:
that's a beauty looks like carbon fiber!

well my battery took a shit again after only a few miles...dam I have less than 100 charges on it....HPC says the charges do not matter they all go out after 2 years not sure I buy that looks like its new battery time Already!...the 40 volt pack goes to 19 volts after just a few miles! :cry:

wingsuit said:
Went to buy some prowheel rims today (black) only to find them not currently avail. :(
I had the same problem could not find black in 17"...but found 19" on amazon had to pay a few bucks more

Back