E-Street Machine 20kW

id say maybe not if you were"blasting up the back roads" as you say..
iv made a samsung 30q pack with 396cells, i was hoping to get ~200km to a charge but reality says more like 120km max at 50kph on mostly flat :|
this is after i tested it on a 750km daytrip :D
qs 205 had ~31.7wh/km.
there is a good reason to carry the extra weight though- it makes you much more stable with cross winds at high speeds.

ridethelightning said:
id say maybe not if you were"blasting up the back roads" as you say..
iv made a samsung 30q pack with 396cells, i was hoping to get ~200km to a charge but reality says more like 120km max at 50kph on mostly flat :|
this is after i tested it on a 750km daytrip :D
qs 205 had ~31.7wh/km.
there is a good reason to carry the extra weight though- it makes you much more stable with cross winds at high speeds.

Thx for the info! 145kms is possible if I put around 450-500 3.5ah Sanyo GA cells and adjust my speed accordingly. The terrain here is flat so no problems.

Hi very interesting and nice project !!

I bought the same motor and a 19'' wheel as well but the seller dos not have the spokes :(
Were did you got yours and what are the measurements of those spokes please ? :)
Also how did you manage the dishing offset ?

Thanks in advance

luc37 said:
Hi very interesting and nice project !!

I bought the same motor and a 19'' wheel as well but the seller dos not have the spokes :(
Were did you got yours and what are the measurements of those spokes please ? :)
Also how did you manage the dishing offset ?

Thanks in advance
Sorry I am just now seeing this, I had my email preferences incorrectly set.
I had the spokes for the rear wheel all 99mm long from a supplier on https://www.ebay.com/itm/36-Custom-...D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557
I did end up having to drill the holes in the rim to be larger, but that is of trivial difficulty. I think I found that the spokes all in all were probably 2-3 mm shorter than they could have been. (thread still visible on spoke when fully tightened)(thread not extending into nipple) but when you use 12 or 10 gauge spokes you have a bit more leeway, as I haven't broken a spoke or nipple yet despite some pretty hard hits on all accounts.

I think I discovered that the motor has its own dishing for center so I didn't need any, so I didn't account for any. I could be completely wrong and have built my wheels poorly, so take my word at face value, but I realize that owners of the qs273 (that speak english) are few are far between compared to other models.

Let me know if you have more questions. And if you have a build thread can you post the link? I would love to see more qs273 builds!

ninepointeight said:
Sorry I am just now seeing this, I had my email preferences incorrectly set.
I had the spokes for the rear wheel all 99mm long from a supplier on https://www.ebay.com/itm/36-Custom-...D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557
I did end up having to drill the holes in the rim to be larger, but that is of trivial difficulty. I think I found that the spokes all in all were probably 2-3 mm shorter than they could have been. (thread still visible on spoke when fully tightened)(thread not extending into nipple) but when you use 12 or 10 gauge spokes you have a bit more leeway, as I haven't broken a spoke or nipple yet despite some pretty hard hits on all accounts.

I think I discovered that the motor has its own dishing for center so I didn't need any, so I didn't account for any. I could be completely wrong and have built my wheels poorly, so take my word at face value, but I realize that owners of the qs273 (that speak english) are few are far between compared to other models.

Let me know if you have more questions. And if you have a build thread can you post the link? I would love to see more qs273 builds!

Sorry for the late reply as well.
Thanks for the reply and all the infos you gave me !
Finally, i bought the spokes from the frame manufacturer in china because they use the same motors and rims i've got.
Hope it will fit well. :D

I haven't received all the parts yet they are in transit but as soon as i received them i will post my build on the forum !

Are you able to push 20 kw in the motor ?! :p
If yes thats crazy !!! Ahah

As a guy who has previously assembled large hub motors in small wheels, I'll give you an advice that has proven to be priceless for me:

Instead of going through each spoke --> wheel --> nipple, which makes it very difficult to attach the last spokes (specially on a 2 or 3 cross configuration), assemble the hubmotor with all the spokes first, using some tipe of duct tape on the motor to hold the spokes on the correct position and crossing pattern. After finishing you will have the hubmotor with all the spokes pointing at the correct position, so you just need to carefully slide the rim over them, attaching the nipples. This was the only way I could avoid bending spokes and scratching the wheel.

Yes sure! Project, defined developed and finished last year. :wink:

https://youtu.be/ba8E57AvyP8

Back