Ebike Hub Motor overheating cooling solution - HUBSINK OFFICIAL THREAD

sketchism said:
Yep you should be just able to push them down by hand with the curve facing upwards, get one to match exactly then use it as the template for the rest, takes about 5 mins

ebike11 said:
sketchism said:
Finally! got the Qs273 Hubsinks working!
one tube of statorade is perfect with them, and they just need a little massaging with the BETA versions to have perfect contact but they are very effective for high power overheating hub motors!

Hi!
How were you able to bend them? They are not sitting flush with the qs273 motor. I read where you mentioned that they need a little bending. I dont wanna start banging on the to flatten them out..or do i??

You mean the fins should be touching the ground and push down on the inside of the curve?

Just the corners of the piece, sit it up like a bridge and tap or push the center down untill the radius matches your hub pretty well and use that one to do the rest

they do pull down during heat cycles so fitment isn't critical

there's some more info here on general fitment

https://hubsink.com/pages/installation-guide

sketchism said:
Just the corners of the piece, sit it up like a bridge and tap or push the center down untill the radius matches your hub pretty well and use that one to do the rest

they do pull down during heat cycles so fitment isn't critical

there's some more info here on general fitment

https://hubsink.com/pages/installation-guide

But ill need to do it on the concrete because the motor is laced and is hard to put any pressure on the hubsinks to flatten them

I just ordered one of these for my electric velomobile build. I have a Leafbike 1500W 3T wind radially laced into a 20" wheel. Once my truing stand arrives, I'm going to re-lace it into a 16x1.5" 36-spoke moped rim and put a Mitas MC2 16x2.25" moped tire on it.

The plan is to run the motor at 10 kW peak and 250A peak with an ASI BAC4000 controller and a 20S7P pack of Panasonic NCR21700 batteries. Should be good for car-like acceleration when the motor is in use with my pedaling accounting for about 1/3 of the motive force ~40 mph cruising speed, and hopefully, is still very pedalable if I shut the motor completely off. If I get the drag of the next body sufficiently low, I may be able to cruise 70 mph ~1.5-2 kW, which shouldn't overheat the motor with this heatsink and some ferrofluid in it. Then once a 130V FOC controller of about 2 lbs hits the market next year, then I can look at the very theoretical prospect of cruising at 90 mph on ~3-4 kW, also perhaps without overheating the motor.

Hey guys,
I have a set of hubsinks from August 2017 but I forgot for which motor I have bought them.
When I placed them all together on the desk it roughly gives me ~217mm to 220mm internal diameter. Is there a chart somewhere that lists diameters of popular motors so that it would be clear which ones mine would fit?

Hey mate, that would be the standard size set, they'll fit most motors from 220mm to 240mm diameter, which fit MXUS, QS 205, Leaf, Crystalyte, 9C and other common sizes NOTE: QS273 or TC Crown hubsinks are larger size but also available.

atomek1000 said:
Hey guys,
I have a set of hubsinks from August 2017 but I forgot for which motor I have bought them.
When I placed them all together on the desk it roughly gives me ~217mm to 220mm internal diameter. Is there a chart somewhere that lists diameters of popular motors so that it would be clear which ones mine would fit?

@sketchism

Hey Sketch,

I love the concept. I just read the whole thread and didn't find any reference to the Grin All Axle motor. The motor is slightly smaller than your minimum. Do you know about compatability issues with that motor? Motor schematics below:

https://ebikes.ca/pub/media/downloadable/ALL_AXLE_HUB_MOTOR/MGrin.pdf

no worries man, quite a few guys are running them using thermal tape rather than paste and it seems to work well
FuzzyWuzzy said:
@sketchism

Hey Sketch,

I love the concept. I just read the whole thread and didn't find any reference to the Grin All Axle motor. The motor is slightly smaller than your minimum. Do you know about compatability issues with that motor? Motor schematics below:

https://ebikes.ca/pub/media/downloadable/ALL_AXLE_HUB_MOTOR/MGrin.pdf

Back