• Howdy! we're looking for donations to finish custom knowledgebase software for this forum. Please see our Funding drive thread

Ebike in Germany

laslooo

100 µW
To All Germans: what is your experience riding a self built ebike in Germany? What engine do you have? If I got it right, the rules are that anything that is above 25km/h and self built is illegal, unless you start the long and damn costly process of getting your build approved. I would like to go a bit faster than that, maybe 30-50 km/h and I want to build it myself and I'm not too sure yet if I want to pay a few thousand to get it authority-approved. On the other hand I don't want to get into to much trouble.
I feel Germans need a challenge to their rules (See the wussy German Pedelecforum where everyone hated me for asking how I could drive a bike that's a bit faster than 25 k's)

thanks!

(Koennt mir auch gerne ne Nachricht schreiben :)

nobody hate´s you, we just gave some advice.

German law is much different to US law but if you need advice for high-powered bikes this is for sure the right forum to your idea. here are tonn´s of information about those motor-bike´s
for example I have a 250Watt bicycle which support me up to 45km/h

regards
frank

I have no idea what countries are trying to accomplish by limiting speed to 25kph. I turn 70 in a few months, in terrible shape, diabetic, bad ticker and 100lbs overweight and can still pedal faster than that without a motor. Not for long though. Young people in decent shape can pedal all day long at 30-40kph. Those limits make no sense whatsoever. It keeps those gas auto polluting the air, Adds expensive burdens to people that can't afford it, and keeps the roadways crowded. Just plain stupid imo. And I don't like the 20 mph (32 kph) limit in most of the US states either. I'd rather see a 30 mph limit.

Hey wes, CA is close with 28 mph limit. Maybe other states will follow.

they are very often ignorant people simply for a bike above 25km / h, you just have insured your bike (for accidents), and can be according to your country carried a tattooed number plate in the back .

in Belgium in any case this is how
must learn itself to your insurance and not informed about ignoringforum.de :mrgreen:

Back