EBIKE

CruzzieQ

100 µW
Hi I recently bought a GYROOR C6 E-scooter (2021 model 36 volt lithium battery pack) which does not turn on (no display). I bought a new 42 v charger to charge the scooter.
Did not notice until I got home that the ignition key tumbler (where the key goes in) was a bit chewed up. (no key either)
So, plugged in new charger to scooter and it stays green as well like the old one did. I tested both new charger and old charger for voltage.
Next I removed the lithium battery to check its voltage.... it tested at 34.1 volts.
All wiring seems fine today and as the battery was un hooked all day today it tested at 33 volts (after 24 hours)
Does anyone have any suggestions what I can try next?
There isn't much infio on these online.

Thanks for looking,

Since the scooter does not turn on at all, the most likely problem is the battery has a problem that hte BMS has shut the input / output off to protect against damage that could cause a fire.

The BMS can still show an output voltage under this condition, but it is a "ghost" voltage, and will drop to zero when a load (such as the scooter turning on) is applied.

If the only charger you have for it is the new one and the original wasn't supplied with it, you could just have a bad charger (but it's much more likely to be the battery).

To test for a battery problem you'd have to open up the battery, and check the voltages of each cell group (at the BMS balance connector or at the cells where the balance wires connect). Some of these batteries are sealed and not openable without damaging the casing, or cutting the shrinkwrap, etc. Note that it is possible to short things inside them in ways that can start uncontrollable fires, so you have to be careful in there.

BTW, if you have no ignition key then the scooter is unlikely to turn on because it will need to be turned on there to operate. You can check the manual for the scooter (likely found online) to be sure.

Not relevant to the charging problem, but if the key entrance was "chewed up" it could be a sign of a stolen scooter that someone tried to jimmy the lock on (it's not terribly uncommon), perhaps with a screwdriver. There could be other problems related to this, if so, that you haven't found yet. (no charger with it is another potential sign of a stolen scooter).

Since the scooter does not turn on at all, the most likely problem is the battery has a problem that hte BMS has shut the input / output off to protect against damage that could cause a fire.

The BMS can still show an output voltage under this condition, but it is a "ghost" voltage, and will drop to zero when a load (such as the scooter turning on) is applied.

If the only charger you have for it is the new one and the original wasn't supplied with it, you could just have a bad charger (but it's much more likely to be the battery).

To test for a battery problem you'd have to open up the battery, and check the voltages of each cell group (at the BMS balance connector or at the cells where the balance wires connect). Some of these batteries are sealed and not openable without damaging the casing, or cutting the shrinkwrap, etc. Note that it is possible to short things inside them in ways that can start uncontrollable fires, so you have to be careful in there.

BTW, if you have no ignition key then the scooter is unlikely to turn on because it will need to be turned on there to operate. You can check the manual for the scooter (likely found online) to be sure.

Not relevant to the charging problem, but if the key entrance was "chewed up" it could be a sign of a stolen scooter that someone tried to jimmy the lock on (it's not terribly uncommon), perhaps with a screwdriver. There could be other problems related to this, if so, that you haven't found yet. (no charger with it is another potential sign of a stolen scooter).
Hi Amberwolf thank you for your quick response:) The charger that came with it was no good , but I did buy a new one .Do you think that a universal ignition switch will work? Thanks again

Probably, but if the one you have now only has two wires, you should first test by shorting them together to see if it will operate. If it doesn't, then replacing the switch doesn't do you much good yet. ;)

BTW, Ebikes.ca sells both switches and key blanks:

Probably, but if the one you have now only has two wires, you should first test by shorting them together to see if it will operate. If it doesn't, then replacing the switch doesn't do you much good yet. ;)

BTW, Ebikes.ca sells both switches and key blanks:

Great thanks again Amberwolf:) which 2 wires should I short ( 6 wires) and I have a new keyed throttle picture att . that I need help to connect.
Thanks so much I will try the short first:)

Attachments

• 20230925_173456.jpg
    20230925_173456.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 1
  • 20230925_173509.jpg
    20230925_173509.jpg
    851 KB · Views: 1
  • 20230925_173748.jpg
    20230925_173748.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 1
  • 20230925_173952.jpg
    20230925_173952.jpg
    861.7 KB · Views: 0
  • 61A7RUTHNNL.__AC_SX300_SY300_QL70_ML2_.jpg
    61A7RUTHNNL.__AC_SX300_SY300_QL70_ML2_.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 0
which 2 wires should I short
Whichever ones are the wires your keyswitch is currently connected to.

If you already disconnected things and just have loose wires, and didn't note which those were before you disconnected things, you'll have to trace out where every wire goes and make yourself a wiring diagram for the system. It may require opening up the controller or other electronics boxes to see where the actual wires go.

Hi Amberwolf, to the best of my knowledge, I believe the brown wire (upper right in pic ) and the white wire (connected to black wire) were the 2 wires connected to the tumbler.
I had to cut the ignition/ throttle off as I could not get the hex screws off - they were very small and stripped:( . The blk/silver universal throttle I had on hand for awhile.
I ordered a new battery as the old battery is dead.. This is a learning project for me :)
Thanks always 😊
Deborah

Hi all, I am looking for some help in wiring a new 5 wire keyed throttle to my Gyroor C6.
Att Pics:

Attachments

• 20230925_173509.jpg
    20230925_173509.jpg
    851 KB · Views: 1
  • 20230925_173456.jpg
    20230925_173456.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 1
  • 20230925_173748.jpg
    20230925_173748.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 1
  • 61A7RUTHNNL.__AC_SX300_SY300_QL70_ML2_.jpg