ebikes gaining popularity around me?

def215

10 kW
so the other day, i was on a popular social networking site while one of my friends sent me a link to a website to a local ebike store around my area. heres the link, http://www.phillyew.com/index.html. i didnt even know there was a market for them around where im from, but they are still a hike from where i live. i only see one other ebike around me and its a shwinn e-zip or something like that thats ridden by an older gentleman. i see more of the ICE powered bikes but still no e-bikes. and everytime im on the road, all i see are hype-east, fad-type people riding their fixed gear bikes...lol.

but i guess no one really does take notice to my bike because it doesnt look out of the ordinary when i ride it except for the power cable that comes from my backpack, makes me feel like in the movie Avatar...lol.

p.s.- im not trying to spam. im just sharing new knowledge with everyone that i just found out.

I love the name: PHEW!

They look to have a good selection of ready made bikes. Wish I had a store around here like that so I could have done a few test rides.

I still have not seen another electric bike in my area. Only an ICE bike and scooter and an Escooter. I know there are more here but they must not get to downtown.

Gary

I'm in San Diego, probably one of the best areas in the World to be out and about on a E-bike. Yet, I keep looking at what everyone is riding and have only seen two, maybe three other E-bikes. Everyone I talk to about my E-bike loves the idea and says they would love to have one, but it just does not seem to carry over.

Maybe if you put a coffee cup and cell phone holder on the bike. :D

Deron.

Ebikes are not too plug and play user friendly, and they tend to be a little expensive.

This is the reason that I think I do not see very many here.

Plus Texans like big trucks.

Alot of production ebike here, folders with bafang and 36v-8ah are sold 400euro, less than a good bike! I see at least one every time I go in town.
France, where motorized (gaz) bikes are mopeds and must be insured :)

Back