Electra Rat Fink with Mac hub

Thanks for the kind words.

Justtoby said:
What did you use to cut the plastic so neatly? I always struggle. Is it Perspex plexiglass?

The sheet is Lexan polycarbonate and I cut it with a jig saw and smooth the edges by scrapping a metal ruler along them.
I love working with this stuff as you can see through it when marking holes etc and it is very easy to cut and shape.

I am Green with envy.. I want one..! Owner says the side panels make it look "a bit different to what was expected",
My belief is that it needs a good pinstriping job to like, bring back the curves. Yellow 'striping would be good, as one blog
said lately. The sweet swoopy curves of the frame are hidden now, need to show them up again. Must be careful not to 'stripe where ya knees would just rub it off. Fantastic Job, lucky owner, he is talented too.

That's brilliant Matt, you are a real pro. 8)

I thought we should see a side-by-side of the fink and the old blue cruiser:

View attachment 1

Damn shame you don't own either of them anymore though :cry: :eek: :)

Simon.

Edit: I hade to add this after I thought about it:

ratfink_evcruiser_nrs_800x400.jpg

Its like the flag of some really cool country or something.

S.

ratfink_evcruiser_800x600.jpg

sico said:
Damn shame you don't own either of them anymore though :cry: :eek: :)

While true Simon, it does make room for the new ride(s) Matt is working on :: wink ::

KiM

Hehe, looking forward to seeing the next instalment for sure, until then all we have are memories. :wink: I added this as an edit, but thought I'd post it on the new page since it might get lost at the end of the last page:

I checked for flag colours and the only red blue and gren flag is Azerbaijan, but that's horizontal stripes, and obviously this is too cool to be their flag :D

Simon

Had the good pleasure of meeting the owner of this bike on Sunday, as usual the pictures (as nice as they are) don't do this bike justice, looks even more impressive in person. Tony (the owner) had also added some blue pin striping, finishes the bike off beautifully. What a small world it is too, turns out Tony and my sister have known each other for 20 years! Was great riding with Matt and Tony, the rat fink goes very well
Cruised up ail the hills without getting hot, looks fantastic on the road REALLY
Stands out, and the green fur doesn't look bad at all lol...thanks again for good afternoon riding mate look forward to the group ride end of the month!

KiM

Hey Sico,

Nice builds! Do you know if the green bike can fit a wheel with 5 speed freewheel on it? I am considering a rat fink electra using my current rear ebike motor, but its 145mm hub spacing I believe, thanks.

Hi Caleb,

these bikes were all built by Matt (1000w), not me! No idea on the freewheel question, but I would guess yes, because I didn't see Matt modify the axle of the Mac motor and the space between it's axle flats fits a 5 speed.

Simon.

Very Nice Attention To Detail!

I'm creep'in all of your build threads! Nice work here!

Tommy L sends......
mosh.gif

1000w said:
Thanks Tommy.
There's a new one about to happen.

Cool! I will keep my eye out for it!

I'm a teacher. Mostly math for welding program run at our local University. But I took advantage and got my ticket for TIG :)
Nice machine you have there. Also, I have a mig welder here in the garage, but at work, I have access to TIG :)

Thinking of making a FS build with Low Centre of Gravity design to house batteries. Looking into materials T6 6061, or 4138 Chromalloy.
Maybe mild steel tube. Chris has made some nice bicycles from mild steel.

Looking forward to my next build..... Damn, I have a 1985 Honda VT1100 in my garage. It's a shaft drive .... hmmmmmmmm lol :)

Tommy L sends.....
mosh.gif

[youtube]NE60Z6_P9To[/youtube]

Back